We spent our very first night in our house on Sunday the 16th (the day all of our things were delivered by the moving company). Luke did really well sleeping in our new house right from the beginning. He was happy to have his crib back after sleeping in a Pack N Play for the past three months.
We started unpacking immediately. I can't stand having things in boxes or in places they don't belong, so I wanted everything unpacked and put away as soon as possible! It took two weeks for every single thing, down to the last little knick knack to be in it's place. It would have gone faster than that if I weren't watching three kids every day and if Luke and I hadn't spent 4 of those 14 days in Arizona visiting family. But now our house is all put together and filled with all of our things. It already feels like our home. We love it!
Here are a few pictures of Luke "helping" us unpack and clean ...
Luke getting ready for bed next to a pile of empty boxes on our first night in our house.
Luke happily volunteered to help clean. This room started out as the playroom, but quickly became the workout room, while the playroom was moved to a bedroom upstairs. Much better!
Happy little helper
Luke found Jeff's ties and decided to try them on.
Luke and I rediscovered the zillion bags of Easter grass I bought to use as packing material in an Etsy endeavor that has yet to happen. I opened a package for Luke to play with while I continued to unpack.
It made for a fabulous wig.
Luke joined Jeff as he worked on getting the garage in order. Jeff and I both laughed as we watched Luke try to drink for that water bottle. He would bring it to his lips and then, for some reason, he would clamp his mouth shut tight so the water would just stream down his chin.
Jeff found our sleeping bag in the garage and trapped Luke in it.
Luke played peek-a-boo and laughed like crazy for a solid 15 minutes.
Stay tuned for a virtual tour of the fully unpacked house.
No comments:
Post a Comment