Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Weekend In

On Friday night, we had an adorable little visitor at our apartment. While his parents had some much needed alone time at the Stake Luau, Jeff and I babysat little Jeter. The four of us relaxed  and watched a movie. Jeter was a perfect angel, while Luke had sort of a rough night in comparison. Katie has offered to return the favor by babysitting Luke one of these nights while Jeff and I have some time alone. We can't wait!

Jeter thought Jeff was so funny. He may like Jeff better than me. Oh my husband, the baby whisperer.

We had plans to spend all day Saturday hiking and biking under the warm Sedona sun, but our plans changed when Luke woke up sick on Saturday morning. He was really congested, had a runny nose, and even threw up twice because he was coughing so much right after he ate. That poor baby has probably thrown up about 9 times in the past 2 months (4 separate sicknesses: flu twice, reaction to immunizations, and now this).

Needless to say, we thought it would be a good idea to postpone Sedona until next weekend. Instead, we ended up spending all day, except for a short trip to Wal-Mart, inside watching movies, playing the Wii, making fancy orange cookies, and using an empty wrapping paper roll as a baseball bat.

 Luke is such a tough guy in Daddy's hat.



 These semi-low calorie cookies were really tasty and fun to make. I actually grated my own orange zest and made my own fresh squeezed orange juice for these babies! Here's the recipe.

We bought Luke a couple of new hats at Walmart yesterday since he outgrew the one I borrowed from my childhood doll and he'll need them for upcoming hikes and bike rides. 


 Luke is all business as he "steps  up to the plate."


 "Swing batter, batter."

I don't even know what to say about this lovely picture. Luke is clearly a very photogenic child.

We did our best to keep Luke comfortable all day, using several helpful suggestions from friends on Facebook (one of the reasons Facebook is awesome: good advice). He stayed relatively happy through it all (until we tried to watch our Netflix movie right before bedtime, of course) and he only cried for Jeff and I to come get him three times last night, despite the fact that I heard him wake up coughing several times and I know he was having a hard time breathing through his nose.

 Here is our sick little guy playing Wii with Daddy before church this morning. He is so much more relaxed and snuggly when he is sick (I guess that's the one upside).

Giving Mommy a sweet smile even though the poor little guy just threw up for the third time about 20 minutes ago.

We love this little boy. Here's hoping he'll be back to his old self soon and that he'll be done being sick for a while. I think he has had more than his fair share of sickness (and I've had mine of laundry) already this winter!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

these are great pics! I love the baseball ones! Too bad Luke is so sick, poor baby :(

The Lymans said...

Kira, he looks soo big! Man, he is cute! Sick babies are no fun, but you're right, they are so much more cuddly and secretely I love it!