Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sick Day

We have been sick so many times this winter at our house! I'm so excited that winter is finally coming to an end in a few weeks, and I'm hoping the barrage of illnesses will end with it.

The latest ailment to plague our home is a nasty cold/flu. Luke seems to be over it, but Jeff and I have been fighting it for about 12 days now. Aside from a temporarily very runny and painfully raw nose, my symptoms have been relatively mild. Jeff has had a much more miserable time with a swollen and sore throat, sinus pain, a stuffy, runny nose, terrible headaches, and weakness. It finally got bad enough this past Monday that he decided to take his first sick day off of work.

Although it was no fun that he was sick, it was really nice having him around all day. It had snowed like crazy the day before and there was what looked like a foot of snow on the ground (and on the roofs, cars, and trees).

 


Jeff had a good time playing with the icicles on our balcony and Luke enjoyed sucking on them.



Luke wanted to go outside and see the snow so badly. He kept trying to just crawl right through the sliding glass door. He bumped his head on it time after time hoping it would just magically disappear so he could crawl out onto the balcony.


 He eventually gave up on going outside and contented himself with playing with his bear.

We spent the rest of the day playing video games, watching shows on Netflix, ordering updated pictures from Walgreens and putting them in frames around the house, and that night, when I was making dinner, I discovered something highly unusual ...

 A 'pregnant' green bell pepper!

It's a tiny little bell pepper growing inside a big one!

After dinner, we had FHE, followed by some delicious homemade berry cheesecake parfaits for dessert.


Not too shabby for a 'sick day.'

2 comments:

Katie DeRusha-Johnson said...

Oh my goodness so the sickness caught up to us! We caught it from someone at church in Thatcher. Boo! I can't wait for good health and warm weather!

Heidi said...

Next time I'm sick, I'm coming to your house just for the parfaits!