Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sister Sister

After our California visit, Katrina came back to Flagstaff with me and stayed with us for 4 days. It was so great to have her! I love that sister of mine!

I was so happy to have Katrina with me on the drive back to Flagstaff. She made the ride go much faster and more smoothly than it would have if I had been on my own with Luke. We switched off, each driving half the time and taking care of the baby half the time. And when we finally made it back to our apartment, I was sad to see the twenty-something degree temperature, but so excited to be reunited with the love of my life, whom I had missed so much! We had a little late dinner, put Luke to bed, and then Katrina was on her own while Jeff and I locked ourselves in our bedroom to snuggle up in bed and watch an episode of Monk. Katrina was a good sport about it though. Once we showed her where everything was and taught her how to use the TV and Netflix, she was perfectly happy on her own.

In the adorable matching pj's Mom bought us

On Saturday, we spent most of the day hanging out at home, hiding from the cold outside, except for a trip to Wal-Mart and to Denny's for dinner (thanks Dad!).

At church on Sunday, everyone could tell right away that Katrina and I were sisters (apparently we look kinda similar). That night I made homemade pizza for dinner. Katrina loved it! She couldn't believe it was all made from scratch. I think she may want the recipe.


On Monday morning, after Jeff left for work, Katrina was my photographer for a little gift Jeff has been begging me for since we first got married. It wouldn't have been as much fun with anyone else and after she stuck with me for more than 3 hours, I definitely owed her. She happily took a meager payment of homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast the next morning.


That night, we had a yummy Tex-Mex dinner and afterward, we had family home evening. It was so fun to have another person join our family for FHE. The lesson was on the Plan of Salvation and for a treat we had sugar cookies frosted with chocolate and vanilla frosting. The vanilla frosting was supposed to remind us of heaven - where we came from and hope to return, while the chocolate frosting represented earth and what we need to do here in order to return to heaven one day. After FHE, Jeff headed to bed, while Katrina and I stayed up for a little girl's night. We watched Win a Date with Tad Hamilton and colored some little wooden animal picture holders for Luke's room (they are going to hold wooden letters L-U-K-E instead of pictures). We had other things in mind for girls night, but I'm not used to staying up late and I was too tired to do anything else after the movie.


The next morning, we went to Micheal's, Kohl's, and Walmart, came home for lunch and to make some baby food, and were about to leave for the airport when Katrina got a call telling her that her flight was canceled! Luckily, she was able to get another flight for later that night. The delayed flight meant Katrina would still be here when TCBY opened (she kindly bought me a frozen yogurt) and she could watch Luke while I worked out. That's what I call a silver lining. It was so fun having Katrina around. I wish I got to see her more often. It was a little sad to see my sister/friend go, but Jeff was happy to finally have me all to himself again and I didn't mind that part one bit.

2 comments:

Hunter Family said...

I love it! And I love that sister of yours too!

Heidi said...

You guys are cute in your pj's