This past Saturday, the three of us drove down to Sedona to get out of the cold and go for a bike ride. It was 62 degrees in Sedona - perfect bike riding weather. It had been so long since we had ridden our bikes and it felt amazing!
Luke is now big enough to be strapped directly into the bike trailer without his car seat. He had lots more room in there to stretch out and play with his toys, but he had a much harder time taking a nap. We'll just have to take a break for nap time from now on.
We found a park. Not much has changed since Luke was 2 months old - he is still completely unphased by slides.
But he loved the swing!
It was very hilly in this part of Sedona. It made for some beautiful views, but we were almost constantly going up and down huge hills. We are going back for another bike ride this weekend, but we are going to try to find a flatter area.
We saw some very interesting characters down there, including a homeless looking door to door salesman and a guy on a bike who could only be described as a Jedi. He looked exactly like this (clothes, hair and all):
Another beautiful view at the top of a grueling hill. Check out Luke's face (the sun was in our eyes).
And in this one, Jeff caught us both making ridiculous faces.
Riding bikes with my family out in the fresh air with the sun shining, I couldn't help but feel so very happy. It made me wish I could somehow fit a bike ride into every day. Then I thought there are a lot of things that I wish I could squeeze into each day because they make me oh so happy. Here are a few of those things in no particular order:
Family and friends (all of them)
Hiking
Nature
Relief Society
Biking
The beach
Snuggling and loving the hubby
Luke's big grin and soft, warm, rosy cheeks when he first wakes up
Good bands live in concert (e.g. Bon Jovi, 80z All Stars at Disneyland)
Disneyland
Strawberries
Jogging on beautiful sunny mornings with cool, crisp breezes
Water parks
Thoughtful surprises
Making someones day
SunshinePresident Monson
Horses

2 comments:
Oooh I'm so jealous of the weather!
I love your list! The pictures are great. It looks so pretty there. Why do you have a Mr. Incredible jaw in that one picture? Where on earth did that come from? ha ha See you soon!
Post a Comment