Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, I planned a night in Paris for Jeff and myself. I tried to set it up so it felt like we were sitting outside of a little cafe in Paris with the Eiffel tower in the distance. It didn't come together quite as well as I'd hoped, but it was fun anyway.

I think I needed to add a little more detail to the cafe to make it feel more realistic. The Eiffel tower made of Christmas lights wasn't too shabby though.

The Cafe de Paris sign is made out of metallic pipe cleaners and the awning is a card board box covered in construction paper.

We had yummy french toast for dinner. Those strawberries were my Valentine's present from Jeff. The price of strawberries is just starting to go down so I haven't bought them for quite a while. They are my favorite fruit and Jeff decided to spend the money he would have spent on flowers to get me 3 lbs. of strawberries instead. Wise choice!

After dinner, we perused the art of Lukonardo Da Vinci at the Louvre ...

 The sign says, "Welcome to the Louvre featuring the work of the great Lukonardo Da Vinci"

 I replaced the framed pictures around our living room with Luke's art work. Earlier that day, I gave Luke one marker at a time and held the paper in place while he did his thing.



 Despite my best efforts, the paper was not the only thing to get colored on.

Good thing they were washable markers

When we were finished admiring Lukonardo's fine work at the Louvre, we watched Ever After. It is one of my favorite (if not my favorite) chick flicks and it just so happens to be set in France. It is a very rare thing to get to watch a chick flick with my husband so I have to enjoy it when I can.

To finish the night, we squeezed in a little mustache family photo shoot right before we put Luke to bed. The only thing french about this is the Frenchman mustache Jeff is wearing in the first two pictures, but I couldn't resist utilizing the rest of the mustaches too! Enjoy!










My Valentine. I'm a lucky girl, no?

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Holy cow, how cute! I loved your Eiffel tower of Christmas lights and your awning and really just everything! It all looks so creative and fun.

Heidi said...

I love it! Very impressed with the Eiffel tower! The pictures of you guys in mustaches are hilarious. It's like, "look at that poor little boy and his crazy parents." ha ha

Amy Rex said...

Kira,

You are SO creative with your little date nights! Where on earth do you get this from? You should write a book or something!