Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Boys: The Soccer Player and the Train Conductor

November 03, 2012
 
Luke and I got to watch Jeff play in a company soccer tournament this morning. Jeff played goalie. He wasn't too sure about being assigned to that position since he's never really played it, but he did great! 

Luke and I missed their first two games in the morning. They tied the first one 0-0 and won the second one 5-0. No scores on my man! Luke and I arrived in plenty of time for their third game and even got to sit with Jeff and and his team in the bleachers to watch the two games before they got to play again. I was surprised at the serious talent out on the field! They were intense games! More and more people from Jeff's team were standing up in front of the bleachers for a closer look as the game went on. It even ended in an exciting shoot out. My favorite moment had to be when a guy on the blue team made an amazing and unexpected goal from way out, under lots of pressure and from behind us, I heard Jeff's buddy Ruben say, "Whoa! Da-na-na, da-na-na!" [Sports Center theme] So funny!

Pretty soon, it was time for Jeff's team to play again ...

 All suited up in his lovely bright orange goalie shirt.

 What a stud of a husband I have! Watching him play sports is one of my very FAVORITE things!

It was an intense game and there was a lot of talent on both teams. I was super impressed by the fancy footwork from Ruben! He is probably the guy Jeff's gets along with best at work, so I've heard his name a lot over the past year, since Jeff has been at GE, but for some reason (probably because it has been true of both Rubens I have known in the past), I was picturing him as kind of a chubby guy. Nope! haha It's nice to finally have a (not chubby) face to put with the name!

Jeff's team ended up losing 0-1. It was a close game! Nobody could be too sad with FREE Freebirds burritos, desserts, chips and drinks waiting outside for lunch. Luke and I got to take advantage of the free food too! Score!

 Team photo - Ruben on the far left, Jeff 3rd from the left.

I made pizza for dinner tonight and Bethany and Becca came over to share it with us ...


Luke was excited to have them both as passengers on his "train!"







No comments: