Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Change of Plans

November 5, 2012

On Monday, Caitlin and I took the kids downtown, to Hermann Park. The original plan was to take them to the Children's Museum, but it turns out they are closed on Mondays, so we had to improvise. I just so happened to have a Living Social voucher for the train, paddle boats, and ice cream at Hermann Park, which was just around the corner, so off we went.

We found out the paddle boats are not available during the week now that summer is over, but there was still the train and the kids were excited! Plus, they gave me my paddle boat tickets, which I will bring back and use with Jeff, along with the second voucher for 4 small ice creams that I was inexplicably given (could've sworn the deal only came with one of those). So, hurray for one deal turning into TWO fun days!  

First, the train ride ... 
I tried to get a picture of Luke on the train before I got on, but my hesitation to get on the train made Luke nervous. He reached for me, saying, "Mommy, you get on too! Mommy you come too!" I said, "Hold on, Luke. I'm coming too, but sit down for a second, so I can get a picture of you first." This is the picture I got.

This little guy was grinning so big when we boarded the train .. until the moment he saw the camera. And once the train started, he started crying .. then screaming. Poor baby wasn't a happy camper.

But his sisters were pretty happy.

So was Luke. If you haven't heard, this boy LOVES trains!

See this lovely, jovial, silly man? He took our tickets and he had all three kids in stitches while we waited for the train to leave the station ...








Apparently, Luke didn't know we were taking a picture.

There we go! Luke's cheesy smile is automatic when he sees the camera, even when I say, "Silly face!"

How did I get such a sweet boy?? Honestly, he is such a joy, like 99% of the time! I tell him all the time that I'm so happy I get to be his mommy, and boy do I mean it!

Headed for a tunnel. Luke's favorite!


This is Luke's "mad face."

And his kissy face.

So pretty!


Luke making me laugh when we're supposed to be sticking our tongues out for a picture = this face.

We found a beautiful spot for our picnic lunch after our train ride.



Feeding the ducks peanut butter sandwiches.



Sharing.

A nice man with his family, gave us about a third of a loaf of sliced bread when he noticed we didn't have any. Luke fed half of his to the ducks ...

And ate the other half.

Becca's awesome throwing technique.





Hey thanks for giving me another slice of bread! I'm just gonna go throw it into the lake, and then jump in after it. Yep, you heard me right ...

Oh this adorable clumsy girl. Caitlin even predicted this might happen.

The same nice man that gave us the bread pulled her out.


Becca cheered up at the mention of ice cream. She also liked the way her mom described her little dip in the lake: "You took a bath with the ducks." A filthy, filthy bath.

Four huge "small" ice creams! Three happy kids. Seriously, best $12 I ever spent. (Regular price, it all would have cost $45)!

One of the cutest faces I know.



Luke refused to use his spoon. He just licked and licked and licked.

And he was pretty happy about it.


This is a "Mom, stop taking my picture" smile.


Hey Becca, where'd your ice cream go? Caitlin very accurately describes this little one as a "walking disaster." (notice the big glob of ice cream that landed on her shoulder on it's way to the ground).

She's cute.

And this is what happens when you're two and you exclusively lick your big cup of ice cream - extreme melting!

Things may not have gone the way we planned, but it still turned out to be a fabulous day and I always love hanging out with my awesome sister-in-law and adorable nieces and nephew - really can't lose spending the day with them!

1 comment:

caitliem said...

Great pictures! It was such a fun day, despite all of the craziness!