April 27, 2012
A few weeks ago, our family got to attend a lovely lunch at a restaurant called Steamboat House. We and the other guests dressed in suits and nice dresses and had a beautifully decorated room and a staff of waiters all to ourselves. We ate delicious food, socialized, and posed for the occasional picture taken by a professional photographer. And it was all in honor of my wonderful father-in-law, Greg's 30th anniversary of working for Exxon.
It was so much fun to get together with the family on a Friday afternoon and just celebrate this hardworking man who does so much for us. His coworkers had such great things to say about him. I really feel like I have been so blessed with incredibly hardworking and reliable men in my life. Between my Dad, Greg, and Jeff (and several others in our families), I have always been blessed to feel safe and secure knowing that these men put everything they have into taking care of and providing for their families. I'm so glad to know that Luke will have them as examples and teachers. They are truly great men and it was really nice to hear from outside sources what a good man my father-in-law is.
There was a professional photographer there to capture the lunch and take a few family photos while he was at it ...
Yum!
Choosing our seats.
Feed me ...
Hugs for Grandma. So sweet!
And now for the pictures I took after the lunch was over ...
The kids were so well behaved during lunch and afterwards, they let their pent up energy out by playing under the table in the hall outside of the room we ate in.
There were several gorgeous flower arrangements decorating the room. I got to take this one home with me.
The kids ventured outside and went straight for the fountain.
Beautiful Bethany. When I saw how pretty this picture came out, I immediately tried to recreate it with Luke. My adorable nieces are so photogenic, while Luke is not. Even though I typically focus a little more on Luke when I am taking pictures of all three of them, the majority of the good (blog-worthy) pictures end up being of the girls. Maybe he makes too many silly faces, or maybe it's the fact that he is never still; whatever it is, what I was sure would turn out to be an adorable, flattering picture of my handsome boy came out like this:
*Sigh* I promise he's cute in person!
Luke had pretty much out-grown of all of his nice clothes, so we stopped at Kohl's on the way to the restaurant and picked up this adorable little get up, which we changed him into in the restaurant parking lot.
Not the best timing with this paparazzi-style picture, but these brothers all looked so handsome.
Sufficiently soaked.





























No comments:
Post a Comment