You would think that spending 7 hours on campus would put a damper on my 22nd birthday, but it has really been such an incredible day – thanks to my wonderful husband and a few other people I’m so lucky to have in my life!
Jeff woke up at 4:30am to make me breakfast in bed (we usually get up at 5:00 and he wanted to have it ready for when I woke up). Despite the early hour, he managed to create some pretty near perfect waffles for me, which I enjoyed while opening the exciting pile of presents he brought me. Every gift I got was perfect!
The morning was already off to an awesome start and then I got and an unexpected treat: Jeff stayed home with me for an extra hour before leaving for school. We stayed in bed and watched an episode of Alias and Jeff gave me a heavenly massage the entire time.
I stayed in bed finishing up coding Spiderman for my research group and picking out goodies on which to spend the generous Destination Maternity gift card Jeff’s parents gave me, before heading to my 9:30 meeting with my research group. We didn’t have much to discuss so the four of us girls just sat around talking mostly about baby stuff, along with a bunch of other fun topics. Gotta love a little girl talk every once in a while!
I still had about 2 hours before my 12:00 class so I talked to Mom and Katrina on the phone and then spent the rest of the time sitting in Jeff’s office working on my new cross stitch, while Jeff did homework. I was set on avoiding doing any homework all day. That means I have to take an exam tomorrow and another one the next day, but the break has been totally worth it!
After my class at noon, I went back to Jeff’s office, talked to Patrick, Dad, and Renita, and continued working on my cute cross stitch until my class at 3:00. Jackie called me during class and left a message wishing me a happy birthday and informing me that she is sending me a birthday gift as well! I’m so spoiled!
When I got home after class, I saw this (with a goofy, cute version of Happy Birthday playing in the background):
After I blew out the candles, opened yet another present (Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein), and thanked Jeff again and again for being so sweet and making my birthday so special, we went to Iggy’s for dinner. The Olympics were playing on the big screen while we ate. Too bad curling was the only thing on the entire time we were there! What a ridiculous event! That’s all we’ve seen of the Olympics so far since we don’t have cable.
After dinner, we came home and had cake and ice cream. Then, we relaxed for the rest of the night, watching The Mask, while I typed up this blog post and Jeff put together his dragon.
What a fantastic birthday! Thanks to everyone who made it so great!
Side Note: During the couple of days before my birthday, we received a lot of exciting mail from my wonderful Mamal. She sent us an adorable crib, a crib mattress, a changing pad, and a mattress pad. So exciting! She also sent me a whole bunch of really cute maternity clothes. I can’t wait till I finally fit into them! Although, I'll probably start wearing them before that happens. I can't resist!
6 comments:
So exciting! Happy Birthday! (Sara Cynthia Sylvia Stout would not take the garbage out! - I love that poem, Stacy can practically recite the whole thing.)
Happy Belated Birthday Kira! Man Jeff does some good work on that laser cutter! You know you'll just have to buy one of those for fun once you leave BYU :)
Happy Birthday sweetheart! It was so nice to talk to you and to 'see' you in this post. You are so beautiful (even at 5am!). I love that wonderful frame Jeff made for you the best. He takes such good care of you! I love you both so much and I'll see you during Spring Break :)
Kira, seriously - you are adorable! And that picture frame - oh my gosh! Jeff is amazing! And I love the quote... especially cause you don't expect such cheesiness from a big burly guy like Jeff! :) Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was great and that you spoiled yourself a little!
What a sweet mother you have! I'm sure you'll be just as wonderful to your children, as they arrive one by one!
And, just a side note: EVERYONE wears their maternity clothes before they "fit." At least with the first baby! It's too fun to wait. Exciting times for you!
Haha! I love the gift for Jeff so he wouldn't get jealous! Your mom cracks me up. Im glad you had a good birthday. :)
Post a Comment