Monday, February 15, 2010

Patrick & Ashley's Sealing

Patrick and Ashley got sealed in the Newport Beach Temple on January 30th. Lucky for me, I have a wonderful husband who found me a nice cheap plane ticket to California so I could be there! It was a short little visit (Friday night to early Sunday morning), but I loved every minute of it! The sealing wasn’t until Saturday evening at 5:00 so I went hiking with my mom and Aunt Debi in the morning. I loved getting to spend some time with Aunt Debi! She is awesome! After the hike, I pretty much just hung out around the house with the fam all day. It was great! I got to chat with Mom and Katrina while we ate cheeseburgers, using wheat bagels as buns for lunch and with my dad and Jared whenever they were around. It was great to just spend time with them and of course there was a lot of talk about the baby. They are all excited to become aunts, uncles, and grandparents over there.


I headed over to the temple with Dad and Katrina a half an hour before the sealing (Mom went early to help Ashley). I got to visit with a lot of other spectacular people in the waiting room and then it was time for the sealing. It was perfect! Patrick and Ashley are so happy together and so perfect for each other. I’m SO happy for them! The entire sealing was beautiful and I knew I was in trouble when I started tearing up the moment they walked into the room! I love them! It could only have been better if Jeff had been there too. I love going to sealings and remembering the day we got sealed a year and a half ago in the SanDiego Temple. I love that man.


Afterward, we visited out in front of the temple for a while and took a big group picture. Then we headed over to Pei Wei for dinner. I was privileged enough to get to ride with the newlyweds and have my own personal time with them on the way to the restaurant. They’re so great! I wish I got to see them and the rest of the family more often.


Dinner was delicious and the restaurant had this magical drink machine where you chose from about a million drink choices on a touch screen and then each drink, including sprite, had a bunch of flavors to choose from! Orange Sprite, anyone? I was so stoked to find that they had strawberry light lemonade! (I’ve only ever seen the original flavor!) I drank about 5 glasses of it.


After dinner, I said my goodbyes to Patrick and Ashley since I was leaving early the next morning and headed home with Mom, Dad, and Katrina. That night, Mom and I went to visit Mamal and Papal and their awesome dog, Cisco. As always, it was wonderful to see them and it’s a good thing I went cause Papal said he never would have forgiven me if I hadn’t come to see him! Haha. I went grocery shopping with my mom before we went home and we picked up some ridiculously delicious Betty Crocker Warm Delights for a not-so-healthy bedtime snack.


The next morning, I got to spend some more quality time with my awesome dad when he drove me to the airport and then it was back to Provo. My JetBlue flight was awesome with my personal TV and plenty of leg room. Not to mention the fact that nobody sat in the two seats next to me so I could stretch out. And I was so happy to be reunited with my wonderful husband, whom I had missed despite the shortness of my trip.


2 comments:

Heidi said...

It was a wonderful weekend! We loved that you got to come down sweetheart :)

Katie Lane said...

aww so cute. congrats to them! and to you on the boy!