Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A GOOD Call Home from the Teacher

August 25, 2016

The three littlest and I had a water balloon fight this morning. It was SO hot and humid while the twins were riding their bikes! We needed a way to cool off AND keep enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.




Then, just before 6pm, I got a call from a number I didn't recognize, so I let it go to voicemail. It turned out to be Luke's teacher, Mrs. Mosher and she left the sweetest message telling me how great Luke is doing in 1st grade so far:

"I was just calling to let you know that Luke is doing an outstanding job in first grade. He is a great role model, he's focused on his work, he's listening, and when I ask questions, he's always willing to answer a question. I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of him. Please give him an extra hug from me tonight and let him know that I called."

Totally made my day! What an awesome teacher to take the time to do that! And I'm so proud of my sweet Luke! Jeff said this calls for ice cream, so Luke told me what flavor he wanted (chocolate chip cookie dough) and I made a quick run to HEB to get him his very own pint. But, of course, being my responsible, tiny adult, Luke only ate half and saved the rest for tomorrow.

Love him!

Also, Blake is cracking us up lately by telling us, "But you're going to make me sad" or "But you're going to make me cry" when he doesn't get his way. And he says it in such a calm, matter-of-fact voice. It's hilarious! He said it tonight when I said he had to wait to have icecream until after we had filmed Katrina's and Karoline's birthday videos.

Then, when we were filming, I got out a big bag of gummy bears for Katrina's video and all of the kids immediately started begging for some. They had already been begging to wear certain costumes and accessories for the videos and arguing over who got what, so I said, "Chill you guys! We're making these videos for other people; it's not about you." Blake responded, while edging closer to the bag of gummy bears, not taking his eyes off of them, "But what about me? I'm people."

No comments: