Tuesday, August 16, 2016

9 Years Ago Today

August 16, 2016

There's a nifty little app on Facebook that shows you all the posts on your profile from "___ years ago today." It's a fun daily stroll down memory lane. 

9 years ago, Jeff and I were about a week away from meeting for the first time. 
Maybe a week earlier, I was running through Disneyland when my roommate, Melissa, called to excitedly tell me, "I met your future husband!" 

Jeff was roommates with a friend of hers (Steve) and they had met at Jeff's and Steve's apartment. I teased her about it and jokingly asked about my "hubby" just about every time we talked after that.

This was our Facebook exchange 9 years ago today...

Me: "just ONE more WEEK!!! i'm stoked out of my mind!! haha i don't even know what to do with myself! so what date exactly do you come back up there?
ps..how's my hubby doing? haha"
(Did I think writing in all lowercase letters was cool or something? Haha! Not cool, 19-year-old me!)

Melissa: "I know I'm so sad I miss when you first come out! Blah, but I come back on the 1st - which just so happens to be the first BYU football game!!!!!!
p.s. about your hubby, you should give me a call!!"

Jeff had recently gotten into his motorcycle accident. Melissa told me all about it on a phone call right after this conversation. But that didn't stop me from sitting next to a booted Jeff, his crutches propped up against the couch in his apartment, a week later and asking, "What happened??" Obviously, I couldn't tell him I already knew about him and had been calling him my "hubby" for 2 weeks! Oh, what a creep I was!

I'm still so amazed Melissa called this before Jeff and I even met! I'm so glad she did!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are forever in Melissa's debt for finding such a great guy for you! ❤️