Wednesday, October 17, 2012

September 2012

September 01, 2012

I got this giant cup of ice cream for Luke and I to share, but as soon as I set it down on the table, Luke pulled it over to him and asked, "Where's yours, Mommy?"

 September 04, 2012

Visiting Baby Greg. I couldn't get enough of him!


 September 07, 2012 - September 08, 2012
Luke and I went to see Keatrina in May when she went through the temple for the first time. That was supposed to be the last time I saw her before she left for her mission, but at the last minute, my mom decided I had to be there for her farewell talk at church a few days before she left and flew me out by myself for the weekend! It was so wonderful to spend the weekend with my awesome family and say goodbye to my sister ... again. Plus, I'm so glad I didn't miss her awesome (and hilarious) farewell talk! I've never heard a congregation laugh that hard! She was so humble and honest and everyone LOVED it! They still talk about it almost two years later!

This is the scrapbook I made for Katrina to take with her on her mission. I contacted her closest friends and family and asked them to write a little something for her; then I put all of their notes into the book with pictures of them with Katrina.


Mom

Dad

Patrick

Ashley

Jeff and Luke

Jared

Mamal and Papal

Debi and Russ

Steven

Alyce

Dillon. He was on a mission at the time and I hadn't gotten his letter back yet, so I mailed it to Katrina to put in the book herself when I got it.

Sam

Nick

Taylor Arnold

Taylor Bly

Nan

Erin

Davis (also on a mission, so I sent his when I got it)

Trina

Sierra

Dillon's family


My mom did a fabulous job with all of the food and decorations for Katrina's farewell open house after church.



I made this little map so people at the open house could see where Katrina would be serving her mission.































Katrina and I made a trip to Party City for the open house and they had lots of cheap, fun little toys. I couldn't help getting Luke a little goodie bag of souvenirs for when I got back.


 September 14, 2012

Walking around the Woodlands Mall.










Luke was reluctant to get wet, but this super happy little guy showed him how it was done! We laughed so hard when Luke noticed just after this picture was taken that the little boy was standing on one of the fountains and tried to save him by moving his foot!

Little by little, Luke started to let loose...


Until he was totally drenched!





Jeff swings Luke high!



Pet store. Luke has always LOVED animals.

Snuggly napping lizards.


Who would have thought that Luke's FAVORITE part of the pet store would be the iguana? He couldn't get enough of it! He laughed and talked to it and just kept coming back to it over and over again.

Okay, maybe this puppy tied for his favorite part.


Check out this creepy, hilarious pig on the mall carousel!

And this lion's face! I was cracking up!



Luke has always been just as interested in the ride as he is in the gears that make it work.





Facebook Post: (posted a video interview with Luke ... Me: "Luke what makes you happy?" Luke: "Ummm... Mommy!" with a huge grin)

 September 15, 2012

I carpooled to and from Time Out For Women with some awesome ladies from my ward for two days. It was so fun getting to know them better! And on one of the days, I met Renita and Cheryl for lunch and Renita insisted on spoiling me and buying my lunch.

September 16, 2012





Ben photo bombed Greg and I.


Luke wearing his giant dog as a backpack.

September 17, 2012

Bike ride to feed the ducks and turtles, and to Walgreens for ice cream.














 September 19, 2012


Becca is the messiest kid I've ever met!












Luke was cracking himself up pretending to take a shower and wash his hair ...

Becca said she was doing it too, but she was nowhere near the water! So funny!






Hide and seek. You found me! Luke and Becca would just hide wherever Bethany had hid last.


Bethany chasing me while we played tag.



Fascinated by the ants eating the crumb from his cracker.




Making s'mores.

 September 21, 2012

Just for fun, I planned a Texas-themed date for Jeff and I.

Blow guns. We had to call the color we were going to shoot.

Not only is Jeff better than me, but I was having terrible luck! Seriously! How did this happen!


Root beer floats with Blue Bell ice cream.

A Texas football movie.

Texas-y mustaches?











September 22, 2012

This was a magical day of boating! The wind and water were calmer than I'd ever seen, so we were wakeboarding on glass! Amazing!





I finally learned to jump this weekend!






I got to feed Greg his very first bottle while we were babysitting. :)








 September 23, 2012

On Jeff's last day as my team teacher for the CTR 5 class at church, we had our lesson outside and played Duck, Duck, Goose. Those kids LOVED him, so we were sad to see him go, but he had been called to serve in the Young Men's and that is the perfect calling for him!










 September 24, 2012

Luke and I made a fort.


Luke lined up all of his toys to make a train.


September 27, 2012

We camped at Lake Somerville for a weekend of boating. Our friends, the Picketts, came down and spent the second day with us.

We could NOT figure out the tent Jeff's parents gave us! I have a picture of Jeff giving the camera the bird too. He was frustrated! haha

Luke watched a movie while we set up camp.


Deer!

Camping on the lake. It was actually a day and a half full of disasters (tent frustrations, forgotten supplies, spiders and wasps EVERYWHERE - including in the showers, injuries, rained out a day early and more!), but somehow, it was still amazing!



What's camping without s'mores??



Lindsey was a fast learner on the wake board! Also, this may be the most tame of her amazing concentration faces haha!


Jeff is a pro!

These boys are so cute together!

Buds.

Three incredibly cute people on a tube!




They actually got AIR! As in completely off the water! Jeff was being careful to avoid this with two little ones on board, but somehow things got a little out of hand! The boys loved it!

Knox was adorable in a life jacket and he hardly complained at all about it squishing his face!








This is just after Rocklond accidentally got thrown off the tube into the water! He took it like a champ and didn't cry or act scared at all! This, along with catching air, were both firsts for somebody as little as Rocklond on our boat. I guess he's just a little daredevil!



This boy will never get enough of swimming and jumping off of things into the water!

Why didn't anybody warn me that bigger jumps = bigger crashes?? This has turned into a lovely bump. (I face-planted so hard that I kind of bent in half backwards and the edge of the board hit me in the back of the head. It was super graceful.)

No comments: