Wednesday, October 17, 2012

August 2012

August 02, 2012

Caitlin's diaper shower at Cheddar's restaurant.

Kayla won the blind, plate-on-top-of-your-head baby drawing contest!

Half of our extra-long table. Cute diaper cake by Lindsey (Pickett).

The other half of the table.

I made this goofy little Charlie-Brown-esque baby cake to share.

August 03, 2012
























"If you're happy and you know it ..."

August 04, 2012











Go Renita!


Bethany was all about Isabel.



Luke was breathing pretty shallow and labored. We took him to an urgent care facility and they almost sent us to the ER because he was in such bad shape! We had no idea! He was not showing it! But thankfully, he was a trooper with the oxygen mask and we were able to get his breathing under control there. We were sent home with an inhaler. For a year or so, Luke's colds always seemed to turn into bronchitis, and his doctor said it could be asthma, but he was too young to diagnose. He may still grow out of it. After a couple of bouts with bronchitis, Jeff and I got really good at paying extra close attention to the signs whenever Luke got a cold and we would start using the inhaler before it got bad, which kept it from developing into bronchitis (and therefore, kept Luke off of the steroid medication he had to take for bronchitis). He was diagnosed with bronchitis 3 times that I can remember in that year and a half span and a few additional colds with mild breathing issues that we were able to contain, but thankfully, as I'm typing this, it's May 2014 and Luke has not had bronchitis or any breathing problems/need for the inhaler for a good year and a half! We are so grateful.



Luke loves to use the blood pressure machine every time we visit CVS.

August 06, 2012
Cute happy boy (from my phone)


August 11, 2012


Luke reluctantly saying goodbye to his Daddy, so Jeff and I could go on a motorcycle ride with Greg and Renita.






August 12, 2012





August 14, 2012





The kids went back and forth filling this hole with water.








Yet another example of me getting an adorable picture of Becca (or Bethany) and trying to recreate it with my cute and un-photogenic Luke ...

Hahaha



Cute little pouty girl. She didn't want to wait for me to push her on the swings.









Squishy back seat filled with cuteness.




Luke was really excited about Jeff's loaner truck. He was sad to see it go after a couple of days.




August 15, 2012

Star-shaped peanut butter sandwiches on the way to the beach.
















Fish-shaped sandwich! Luke shared this one with the sea gulls...












Ferry ride. Luke cracked up everyone standing with us at the front of the ferry on the upper level when he calmly explained to me that he changed his mind; he wanted to go back down to the lower level because he wasn't tall enough too see up here! I wish I could remember his exact wording. It was hilarious! He was talking to me like he was explaining something that should be obvious, but he was trying to be patient with me.








We found a cool park in Galveston before dinner.









I kind of loved that we parked on Winnie street, like Winnie the Pooh!


Luke fell asleep in the car, so I sat in the parking lot at Rainforest Cafe for a while with this lovely view.

The lifeguards in Texas wear cowboy hats?? Hahaha!



Luke liked the snake outside the restaurant, but once we got inside, he was not smiling anymore! He was terrified of the dark, loud animals, and storm sounds! We was clinging to me to dear life, so we had to leave.

We went next door to Ihop. When we walked in, Luke looked around suspiciously and asked if there were any monkeys in this restaurant.




















August 16, 2012

Kerplunk!


"Potions" (vinegar, baking soda, food dye)







Soft "sand" made with nothing but baby oil and flour. So weird, but it worked!


Cut a little hole in the bottom of a cup and blow some bubbles!







August 17, 2012

I came out to the garage when Luke and I were getting ready to go somewhere and found him vacuuming up the dead flowers he found under our oleander bush with Jeff's shop vac.





 August 19, 2012

Facebook Post: "When Luke was concerned about the sun disappearing below the horizon after sunset a few days ago, I told him that the reason the sun goes down at night and it gets dark is that the sun needs to sleep like he does and when he wakes up, the sun wakes up too so it will be light outside.
It was raining this morning and very grey and overcast outside. I heard Luke wake up and went to get him. When I stopped outside of his room, I could hear him calling out the window, "Wake up sun! Wake up!" Love this kid!"



August 20, 2012

Bathtub paints! Another awesome Pinterest idea. Luke LOVED it!





FB: "Watercolors in the bathtub with my brilliant little artist. Without any prompting whatsoever from me, Luke excitedly told me that he was painting rain. He told me it was 'dark rain' and then he grabbed some yellow paint, slapped it on, and called it 'lightening' He told told me 'no see lightening more.' I asked where it went. He said, 'In clouds. All gone.' And then he started hitting the brush against the the side of the tub kind of hard and fast yelling, 'THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDER!' This boy never ceases to amaze me!"

"


Facebook Post: "After painting in the bathtub for a couple of hours, I guess Luke's creative juices were flowing because when I turned on The Lion King just now, he slowly raised his arm, perfectly in time with the THX sound like a little conductor. Endless entertainment, this child. Seriously."

August 21, 2012

The kids being puppies at my friend Lindsey's house.

Lindsey even gave them water on the floor!


August 22, 2012

Ferry ride with Grandma Fisher






August 23, 2012

Backyard picnic with my cute, silly Mr. Luke.





We made stress balls with balloons and play-doh just for kicks.


Water balloons!



Cleaning up

August 24, 2012

My friend, Michelle did my make-up.


Luke found a comfy seat to sit and watch the garbage truck.

The garbage men started recognizing Luke because he would run outside whenever he heard the truck going by. They would say hi and wave to him, sometimes they would even jump on the back of the truck and keep waving until they drove out of sight. So sweet!



We got a free trial hour at a place called Great Play. It was SO fun! Luke loved it! And Jeff got to come too! He met us there after work.

Relay race.



Luke was way too fast at this obstacle course and kept trying to pass up other kids, even ones bigger than him!




August 25, 2012

Boating with our awesome friends, the Sanders! These three boys were so cute together!


Adorable baby girl!
This guy! He'd never even done this, but he was so good right off the bat! What??









Brandie and I just before we got thrown off this tube. It was so fun!



Sharing. So sweet.









Sleepy boy.

It was Brandie's first time wakeboarding and she got up! She even stayed up for quite a while!


August 26, 2012

While we were on the boat with the Sanders, we got a text from Ben telling us that Baby Greg had been born! We were so excited to go meet him the next day! He was perfect and beautiful!

August 27, 2012

Luke set this up just to take a picture of it. I think I'm rubbing off on him.

August 28, 2012


 August 29, 2012

A lovely and hilarious chat with my dear friends and former roommates, Melissa and Emily:



August 30, 2012 - September 02, 2012

Jeff and I took a road trip to Albuquerque to see our friend Steve get married (we were beyond happy for him)! The trip doubled as our 4th wedding anniversary celebration.

Finishing the last 100+ pages of this book and the first half of Mockingjay made the hours in the car go a lot faster (for both of us - I read out loud).

Deer at the entrance of the state park we stopped at for a little cliff jumping on the way to Albuquerque.









We got someone to take this one for us. Yes, we jumped at the same time, but Jeff jumps up and I just fall down. Haha.


I go this when I saw a snake in the water and got out of there as fast as possible!



Jeff and I were alone until this giant crew showed up! All the kids were impressed with how high were were jumping from. Some of the older ones even started trying it themselves.

A BAT attacked Jeff (okay, it just flew in his face) outside of the bathroom in the park!

Super hot and uneventful 3 mile hike after cliff jumping.



From about this distance, I really thought that blue, red, and white thing might be Yosemite Sam ...

... Nope.

Mmm..Subway.


Hotel toothbrush. I wondered how I ever got so much stuck in my teeth to be dislodged, until I realized the bristles were breaking off of the brush in my mouth...



25 cent souvenirs for Luke = Dinosaur finger wars. We were a little bored.


Remember these birds? The ones that balance on everything by just their beaks?? I balanced it on everything I possibly could in the car. Boredom again.

Friends outside the temple waiting for the newlyweds to come out!


Steve's son Kole. SO. CUTE.


Why hello there, Mr. Praying Mantis.

The gorgeous, happy couple




Luncheon. Yum.

Surprise! We were pretty excited.





That's our gift. Yep, the classy one on top of the pile. Don't worry, there's a BB&B gift card inside that box of otter pops. Steve loooves him some otter pops.

Trying to bribe Kole into smiling for the photographer in exchange for gummy bears.



Gorgeous backyard reception



We joined forces with Courtney's friends to decorate the getaway car.








So sweet.


One last visit with Steve before we said goodbye.





Following the post-it trail as we walked to our car at the end of the night...

We did a whole lot of this (26 hours total), but we had a great time just being alone together.

No comments: