October 02, 2012
I sent this package to my awesome aunt, Chandra (seriously, she's the coolest) and her family when she was having some seriously terrible health problems. As I'm typing this, it's a year and a half later, and she's still dealing with some mysterious and awful health issues! Ugh! I really hope she is done with this soon! I think I owe her another package.
October 04, 2012
FB: "Making cookies. Luke pronounces cookies 'titties' and he can't understand why I laugh a little every time he says it!"
October 05, 2012
The kids played video games at Ben and Caitlin's ...
... while Jeff and I went on our date to the coolest laser tag place I've ever been: Battlefield Houston! It was new and there was a Groupon, so we jumped on that! The place is amazing! It is a giant, 2-story, complex battlefield and we get to use realistic guns on actual missions (plant/defuse a bomb, try to maintain/gain control over a cube, rescue/defend a hostage, etc.)! One thing we didn't anticipate, though, on this first visit: there was a huge birthday party for a 10 year-old boy happening at the time we got there! So Jeff and I wound up on opposite teams with about 15 ten-year-old teammates each! It was hilarious! The kids were adorable and seriously sweet, but my poor team lost so hard! Jeff just planted himself in an upper window like a sniper and picked off my boys one at a time while they walked across a bridge! I kept telling them they needed to get down, but they would turn around going, "Whaaaa?" and it would be too late. And they never learned! It happened over and over again! Haha!
A Halloween package from Grandma Lamb! We are so spoiled!
October 06, 2012 - October 07, 2012
Luke got new shoes! He was so excited that they were the light-up kind!
Facebook Post: "Luke after trying to squeeze into a chair with me: 'Mommy, you have a big bottom. I just have a little bottom.' Yes, thank you for pointing that out haha"
Saturday morning General Conference chocolate muffins.
Facebook Post: "Luke about General Conference: 'I like that movie, Mommy!'"
October 08, 2012
October 09, 2013
Luke and I
biked to a MOMS Club meeting about the upcoming opening of a brand new
HEB in Fairfield. Luke was a pretty happy camper with his HEB crown,
coloring book, and snacks.
Luke's very first Ring Pop. He was a fan.
October 10, 2012
Luke and I invited our neighbors, the Lopez girls, over for a little Halloween fun one day. Their momma, my friend Valerie, was very pregnant with her fourth little girl and she was feeling it, so and afternoon of keeping the girls distracted was hopefully a small relief. She home schools them every day! She amazes me!
Potions.
Popping prize-filled balloons in the shape of a pumpkin. The girls were all pretty scared of the popping sound. They kept looking for long things they could tape the push pin to the end of so they wouldn't have to get too close. Haha.
We didn't get to finish our pumpkin bats, but the kids had fun painting them!
Luke loved this "First Words" book. On this page, he would always pretend to use the colored pencils to color other things on the page that were that color.
He would also pretend to jump into the book to ride things.
And he thought it was hilarious to pretend to poke the animals' eyes, so I would speak for the animals and say, "Ow! Hey, don't poke me in the eye! I'm trying to sleep here! *Snoring noises* [Luke pokes the eyes again] Ow! Hey, I told to stop poking my eyes! I'm trying to sleep!" etc.
Our finished bat pumpkins up on the mantel.
Mine.
Luke's.
We made tissue ghosts.
And a spider necklace, using Luke's traced hand prints.
October 11, 2012
Luke and I were walking around Walmart when we were stopped and offered a totally free photo session at the portrait studio on the spot! Of course, it was on a day when we were in a hurry and I just put Luke in the first shirt and shorts I could find! He absolutely did not match, but we went for it anyway ...
October 12, 2012
We went boating with the Picketts again!
Cute little Knox. He was my buddy while Lindsey wakeboarded.
It took some effort for Jeff to throw John off the tube, but he finally did it!
Yep, that's me with one leg straight up in the air! It's hard to be graceful and cool when someone's trying to throw you off of a tube!
October 12, 2012 - October 13, 2012
Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes. Yum!
I sent some of these home with the missionaries when they came over for dinner. They were so excited!
Rollerblading date! Rollerblading is SO fun! Why does no one do it anymore??
I sent Katrina a package while she was in the MTC!
Greg looked ADORABLE at Kyle's friend, Isabel's baptism. Such a nice day!
Sleepy Luke.
Our traditional, monthly Saturday-before-Fast-Sunday dinner out with the family. Red Robin is a popular choice!
Just about the only time Luke ever gets chocolate milk is when we got out to eat (which is not often!). He loves it!
October 15, 2012
MOMS Club cupcakes at the park playgroup.
Playing restaurant, I believe.
Jeff and Luke built this Erector set car together.
October 18, 2012
Facebook Post: "Is it silly that it always makes me smile to see that Gmail marks most of my emails as 'important' because of 'the words in this message' or my 'interaction with the messages in this conversation,' but every time it's a message from Jeff, no matter what it is, Gmail always marks it as important 'because of the people in this conversation' Gmail knows. I just love that husband of mine!"
October 19, 2012
Sabrina's 30th birthday lunch at Cheddar's. Most of these girls are in our ward at church. We have such an awesome ward!












No comments:
Post a Comment