Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Party Rockin'

October 26, 2012

Several months ago - I don't even know how many - I saw LMFAO's Sexy and I Know it music video for the first time on YouTube and about died laughing at the ridiculousness of it! And then the close-ups of the speedo thrusting started and I did a lot of cringing and shielding my eyes, but I still knew right away that Luke HAD to dress up like "Redfoo" in the beginning of the video for Halloween. It was just too good! 

At first I thought it would be amazing if both Jeff and Luke dressed up that way and I dressed like one of the big-haired girls from the video, but Luke was the most important part of the plan and ultimately, as Halloween got closer, it was going to be too much of hassle and too expensive to dress all of us up. I almost even decided not to dress Luke up as Redfoo because my awesome mom sent him a Spiderman costume and hey, that's easy! But less than a week before our ward Trunk-or-Treat, I decided I just had to get this costume together, and I am SO glad I did! ...

Oh man, I love this kid!

The costume came together relatively easily and inexpensively, especially considering it was so last minute! It really helped that I found the pants in the girls section at Walmart for $7 (and they came with a shirt that we gave to Bethany!), so I didn't have to order the only ones I could find online, which were women's size small and much more expensive. Caitlin was going to have to help me re-size them, but hurray for Wal-Mart coming through in the final hour! And I just bought a plain black t-shirt for super cheap at Wal-Mart, cut it into a tank top, and puffy painted it. Easy-peesy! Shockingly, the biggest obstacle I faced was finding the right shoes! And I wasn't even being picky! I just needed some kind of white canvas shoes! I must have looked 5 or 6 places close to home and could. not. find. them. Seriously? I never thought that would be the hardest thing to find! So, I just settled for black. Good enough!

These next two pictures crack me up ...


"This is how I roll, animal print, pants out control"

Luke had a blast at the ward trunk-or-treat! He went from not being old enough for any of the games last year, to being old enough to enjoy all of them this year!

"When I walk on by, girls be lookin' like dang he fly."

Bowling with toilet paper roll pins and pool noodle bumpers. Brilliant!

The classic fishing game. So fun!

"Party Rock is in the house tonight. Everybody just have a good time"

"Everyday I'm shufflin'"


Cheat? I would never!

Pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern.

Bethany kept petting Luke's wig.

When we went back into the church after the trunk or treat to help clean up, Luke discovered that somebody had abandoned a pile of candy at the fishing booth. I wanted one of those Butterfingers, so I waited a second before I stopped him from helping himself. Me, in a loud whisper: "Yellow! Yellow! Get Mommy a yellow one, Luke!" Luke: ALL silvers. Little punk.

Luke "helped" Daddy take down the donut-eating stand, which Jeff had helped the teachers (15 and 16 year old boys at church) build the week before. That's his new church calling, by the way. As of about a month ago, he went from teaching the 4 and 5 year old kids in our class to teaching the 15 and 16 year old boys (teachers). I think it's a great calling for him.

Luke's haul. Rosie Lawton was handing out the toothpaste (her husband is a dentist). So funny!

No comments: