May 28, 2012
Memorial Day this year was filled with friends and family. We started the day by attending a ridiculous white trash party with some friends from our ward. Luke loved playing in the giant inflatable water slides/pools with the other kids, while Jeff and I participated in the hilarious games.
There was a spitting contest - the wife would spit first and then the husband would stand where his wife's farthest flying spit drop landed and spit for a total distance. There were 7 couples and surprisingly, I think Jeff and I came 2nd in this game! I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of...
The water spots from holding a wet Luke only enhance the loveliness that is this picture.
Jeff had some impressive height!
Finally, there were wheel barrow races. Men first, then women. We had to go down to a plate covered in whipped cream on the ground and use only our mouths to dig four grapes out of the pile of whipped cream and spit them out to the side (while remaining in wheelbarrow position) and then wheelbarrow right back. Jeff of course, did awesome at this (I struggled to hold his legs up while he cruised across the grass)! I was a different story, but I was just glad I finished with my weak arms! I blame losing on the fact that the girls I was competing against were training for "Summer of Seals" at the time, which involves doing as many push-ups as you can. It's been a loooong time since I've even attempted push-ups!
The party ended with an awards ceremony. Prizes consisted of Cans of Spam and Wal-Mart gift cards. Jeff won a Wal-Mart gift card for his wheelbarrow race performance. Thanks for a the laughs Kartchners!
That afternoon, we drove to Spring to spend the rest of the day swimming and having a barbeque with the family. It was great to get together with family as it always is.
Becca swam around like a little fish in her new floaties. Jeff and I decided we should get one of these for Luke as soon as possible!
Bethany practiced swimming.
Luke laughed like crazy while Jeff threw him way up in the air over and over!
I love wrapping Luke up in a little towel robe and watching him walk around like that!
He loves it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment