June 17, 2012
Yep, I am that far behind. But I'm kind of loving reliving all of these great memories from 3 months ago!
Jeff requested breakfast cake for his Father's Day breakfast. I think I've mentioned before that when Jeff was growing up, his mom used to tell him that she doubled the "goop" (topping) every time she made it for his birthday breakfast, but in reality, she doubled the goop AND the cake, so it wasn't doubled at all! After Jeff and I got married, he insisted that I double the goop for real. And this time, we took it a step further and tripled the goop! Too much, you say? Did we go to far, you ask? Shockingly, the answer is no! It was delicious! And a fantastic goop to cake ratio in our opinion. Now, 4x the goop would be too much. Let's not get carried away.
Luke was so excited to give Daddy his gift and card!
Luke explaining how he not only painted the mug, he even painted his hand and put it on there!
Allow me to give just a few of the reasons why that amazing hubby of mine is a seriously incredible dad:
- He works so hard all day to provide a great life for his boy (and his wife) and then comes home and musters up the energy to run and play and make Luke laugh like no one else can!
- He is so patient with Luke. Any time I get frustrated and run out of patience, Jeff steps in (without being asked) and takes care of the situation, dealing with Luke calmly and sweetly.
- Watching him comfort Luke when Luke is upset or hurt is really the sweetest thing. He is so gentle and kind.
- He never gets tired of hearing every cute or funny thing Luke does throughout the day and laughs at each story with genuine appreciation. He loves and adores his son.
- He has always been willing to get up in the middle of the night and stay up and hold and care for Luke for as long as he needs to, even when he's exhausted and has to get up at 5am for work the next morning (these days, this only happens if Luke is sick).
- It clearly makes him happy to see his son happy. And it makes me happy to watch the two of them together because it so clear how much they love each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment