Wow. I can't believe how far behind I am on this blog! I actually don't have too much to blog about. It's been a lot of the same going on lately here in Flagstaff, but I am posting about Mother's Day 3 weeks after the fact. Whoops! I guess I just haven't been in a particularly bloggy mood lately. Now it's time to play catch-up ...
Mother's Day was wonderful, thanks to my two favorite boys, and a few other people had a hand in my great day too, actually.
We got off to a fantastic start when Jeff got up early to make me delicious french toast with whipped cream and strawberries for breakfast. He had even thought to turn on my Scentsy candle so it would smell nice in the apartment. Such a thoughtful guy!
Oh how I love strawberries (and adding whipped cream only makes them better)! I am so happy that they are finally cheap again.
My gifts from Jeff were six cake decorating tips that I really wanted.
At church, my sweet visiting teacher, Karinda gave me a card and a cute frame that she had painted for me as a Mother's Day gift. I seriously have the best visiting teachers ever! They are always ready and willing to help me whenever I need it, they visit me every month, and they bring me treats and gifts. I am so spoiled!
I, along with all of the other moms, also got a king-size chocolate bar after sacrament meeting. Mine was a Symphony bar - the best! Our ward is awesome. There are so many wonderful people in it. When Jeff and I leave Flagstaff one day, they will be what I miss the most.
Jeff made me a yummy grilled chicken sandwich for lunch after church. And then, we spent the rest of the day relaxing together, playing video games, and watching movies.
One of Luke's favorite places to be is on Jeff's shoulders and in his excitement, Luke often pulls Jeff's hair.
Notice the excited grin combined with Daddy's hair firmly in his clutches.
And it got even better when Luke started repeatedly yanking Jeff's head beck by his hair so that he could see his daddy's face. Jeff was a good sport.
We bought Luke this adorable outfit and stuffed Llama at Kohl's the day before.
This boy has the best sense of humor.
This being the first Mother's Day when I actually had my own child (I was pregnant last year), I really have a deeper appreciation for all that my own Mom has done for me in my life. Over the past several months, I have experienced some of the completely worth it, but still difficult sacrifices a mother makes for her child. These sacrifices are nothing compared to the joy that this sweet, fun, and intelligent little boy has brought into his parents' lives, but that doesn't mean that there aren't challenges and adjustments involved in becoming a parent and raising a child. I feel so blessed to have had a mom who has a wonderful positive attitude and who truly enjoyed motherhood despite it's challenges and showed me how to do the same. I am so grateful for the sacrifices she made to provide me with a life full of love, fun, excitement, learning, and happiness. I really did have the best childhood. And my mom still does so much to make my life wonderful. I hope I can do the same for my children.
1 comment:
Oh Kira, it is such a privledge to be your mom. I always said that I got so lucky with all of you. I couldn't have asked for better kids. I love you!
Post a Comment