Saturday, March 26, 2011

St. Paddy's Day

As you may have noticed by now (if you've been following this blog a while), I just love creative/fun/cheesy crafts and activities. St. Patrick's day was the perfect excuse for me to get my crafty fix. 

First, I decided to leave Jeff a little surprise at work. I put together this adorable little treat:

I forgot to take a picture of mine, but it looked almost exactly like this. It says, "You're my Pot O' Gold at the end of the Rainbow."

I brought the spare key to Jeff's car and left just in time to sneak it onto the driver's seat right before Jeff's lunch break (so the chocolate wouldn't melt). Unfortunately, I completely forgot that Jeff had moved to the building next door just a week or two previously. I drove slowly around the Woody Springs parking lot twice searching for his car before I called him, wondering if he had taken his break early. He hadn't. And when I conspicuously asked if he was parked in front of the building, he asked, "Why, are you here?" "No..." It was around this time that I realized my mistake, but it was too late. The jig was up. Jeff came out and met me in the parking lot for his "surprise." Oh well, at least I got to see my husband for a couple of minutes in the middle of the day.

Back at home, I attempted to make these adorable shamrock cupcakes:

Mine didn't come out quite right. I made one fatal mistake, but now that I know better, they will come out perfectly if I ever decide to try them again. Despite the aesthetic imperfections, they tasted great and it was really fun to let Luke have one right before his bath.


"It's too good to be true! Mom isn't going to take this away from me?!"


 
He could hardly contain his excitement. He would tense up with his arms straight out in front of him and laugh until his face turned red.

He didn't think to taste it until I put his hand in his mouth. He was intrigued, but only enough to taste it one other time on his own. He was much more interested in playing.

Going crazy with excitement





The cupcake was completely obliterated.


I got the bath all ready before I brought this messy boy into the bathroom, but I didn't anticipate his diaper being poopy. I took it off with one had while holding him in a standing position on the bathroom counter with the other. By the time I noticed the poo, it was too late. I obviously couldn't set Luke down anywhere and his bum was way too messy for me to just put him in the bath. I tried to grab some toilet paper to wipe him off, but I was using both hands to hold Luke out in front of me. Without thinking, I sat him on my knee to free my right hand. Yep, poop on my leg. It didn't help that I was screaming and laughing the entire time, but I managed to get Luke wiped off and into the tub, where I promptly used his baby wash to scrub my thigh clean. 

Giving Luke a cupcake was even more of an adventure than I had bargained for, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to do it again on his 1st birthday. Just hold the poop, please.

4 comments:

Matt and Ness said...

Fun! What a cute boy.

Jocelyn said...

Haha! That's awesome. Your cupcakes are sooo cute. I love the pictures of Luke with his cupcake; so funny!

doug s. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tricia said...

You are such a fun mom! I loved hearing about trying to get him into the tub...I can only imagine what a sight it was!