Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeding the Ducks

Luke and I walked to a little lake a couple of miles from our apartment today to feed the ducks. It was so nice outside that Luke got to go out with bare feet, wearing only shorts and a t-shirt. As I expected, he absolutely loved feeding the ducks. He laughed so hard the entire time we were feeding them. He loved listening to them quack and watching them fight for each piece of bread. He wanted to crawl right into the water to touch them.

Ready to go

Getting excited as the ducks gathered around. He tried to walk out to greet them.
We got the attention of a whole lot of ducks. I never got a good picture of all them crowded in front of us.



He wanted to touch them so badly. I might have gotten better pictures of Luke's face if I wasn't simultaneously trying to hold him back, feed the ducks, and take pictures.
I couldn't believe the hilarious fro on this duck!


Longingly watching the ducks swim away after we ran out of bread

Trying to crawl after them. The grass was really dry and prickly. It was so funny to watch Luke try keeping his hands off of it as much as possible as he crawled.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Lol, that duck fro is really something! It seriously looks like it did its hair for a special occasion.

Heidi said...

That sweet boy loves animals like his mommy. Jeff, I'm afraid you're outnumbered already.