Earlier this week, I got to babysit the funnest little 18 month-old named Spencer while his family went skiing. They are such a cute family. I don't know them all that well, but I loved that they all came to the door to drop him off and they all came to the door to pick him up. He was at our apartment for 8 hours and while I didn't manage to accomplish anything all day except for playing with and entertaining two little boys, we had a blast.
I'm pretty sure the boys played with every toy we own. They especially loved this fire truck. Luke hasn't quite figured out how to push the buttons to make it light up and make noise, but Spencer figured it out right away (as you can see here, Spencer is pushing the buttons while Luke investigates the flashing lights). Spencer is so smart. It was so fun to watch him figure out which buttons to push, switches to flip, and wind-ups to twist.
Luke had fun pushing the truck back and forth.
Luke absolutely loved having a buddy to play with all day. And Spencer was so nice and patient with him.
Spencer sweetly handed toys to Luke all day. The only problem was that he usually wanted them back right after he gave them up. This wasn't usually a problem because Luke just moved on to something else after the toy was taken back, but once, when Spencer tried to take back a rattle he had given Luke, Luke had other plans. He held on tight as Spencer tried to wrench it from his grip. Spencer even leaned away from Luke as he pulled, using his body weight, but Luke refused to let go. After two failed attempts, Spencer decided to give up and find a different toy to play with. Jeff was pretty proud when I told him his son had beaten a kid more than twice his age in a tug of war.
Spencer deciding whether he should just give up or try to take the rattle back for a third time.
Luke enjoying his victory while Spencer patiently found something else to play with.
I was so impressed that Spencer knew how to wind up this little inchworm.
Luke kept trying to get in the way. I had to hold him back. Spencer was very patient as usual.
Spencer took a nice long nap in the port-a-crib his parents brought. I thought I would get in a solid workout because Luke naps around the same time Spencer does each day, but I think Luke was a little too excited about his new friend to go down for a nap and as a result, their nap times barely overlapped at all. No workout for me! Oh well. At least I got a little exercise entertaining two energetic boys all day long. Anyway, back to the port-a-crib. When I brought it back out into the living room to fold it up an hour or so before Spencer went home, Spencer decided he wanted to get in it ...
At first, he and I played a little peek-a-boo (actually just "boo"). Then, we smooshed our noses up against each other through the mesh and growled.
Before long, Luke had to join the fun.
He and Spencer were so cute touching hands through the mesh. Luke laughed the entire time.
Luke absolutely loved having a buddy to play with. He is going to love having siblings one day.
1 comment:
What a cute little buddy Spencer is! Luke looked thouroughly entranced! so cute
Post a Comment