The three of them arrived on Saturday afternoon, soon after Jeff, Luke, and I returned home from a very enjoyable 11 mile bike ride (Luke is awesome on bike rides!). We had a few hours to kill before it was time to go out to dinner, most of which we spent visiting and playing with Luke. We went for a little walk around the complex (Greg and Renita were jealous of the beautiful Flagstaff weather. I'm sure they won't be when it's snowing like crazy in the next few weeks!) and then we played a couple of rounds of a really fun card game called Discombobulation before heading to The Beaver Street Brewery for a delicious and massive dinner. The serving sizes did not leave us hungry, but we still made room TCBY afterward. I can never say no to frozen yogurt. When Jeff was still waiting at the counter for our yogurt, Greg offered his to Luke, just like Jeff does every time! Now I know where Jeff picked that up!
Greg, Renita, and Kyle met us back at our apartment after checking in at their hotel and making a trip to Best Buy. They brought us back an exciting gift: Iron Man 2 and The Blind Side on DVD. Those surprise gifts joined two adorable outfits for Luke (both 6 months, but our tall guy is already wearing them at 3 1/2 months) and a very very nice hiking backpack/baby carrier. As I've said a million times before, we are so lucky to have such selfless, generous parents!
That night we watched the video/slide show that Renita put together of their trip to Cambodia to pick Steven up after his mission. It was so interesting to watch! We still haven't gotten to see Steven since he returned home a few months ago, but we did get to jump in on his Skype date with his parents the following day. We can't wait to see him and Ben, Caitlin, and the girls in Houston at Christmas time.
Greg and Renita are a little better at taking turns holding Luke than my parents!
Greg and Renita brought these adorable footie pajamas for Luke. He is so cute and soft and snuggly in them! We had to dress him in them that night.
Sunday morning, everyone came over around 9:30. Jeff and I were already ready for church at 1:00, possibly a new record for me. We talked, played with Luke, and played Mormon Bridge (card game) before heading off to church. Luke slept through most of the first two hours, but as soon as he woke up, Renita happily held and entertained him for the rest of the time.
Jeff and Luke watching The Princess and the Frog (Jeff calls it "Mama Odie") before everyone came over
Jeff tried tossing Renita a burp cloth, but it landed on Luke's head.
A little tummy time before church
Laughing at Daddy
We got back from church a little after 4:00 and I got to work making dinner for everyone (chili, corn bread, grapes, and tortilla chips) with a little help from Renita. After dinner, we played Smart Ass, another really fun game and Jeff and Kyle had a Nerf war while Luke and I Skyped with my parents.
Jeff said his goodbyes that night, but I got to see everyone one more time the next morning while Jeff was at work. They came over for almost two hours to get a little more time in with Luke while watching The Proposal and giving me the opportunity to go out for a nice long run. It was sad to say goodbye, but we're looking forward to seeing them and everyone else for Christmas in just a couple of months!
Laughing at Daddy
We got back from church a little after 4:00 and I got to work making dinner for everyone (chili, corn bread, grapes, and tortilla chips) with a little help from Renita. After dinner, we played Smart Ass, another really fun game and Jeff and Kyle had a Nerf war while Luke and I Skyped with my parents.
Jeff said his goodbyes that night, but I got to see everyone one more time the next morning while Jeff was at work. They came over for almost two hours to get a little more time in with Luke while watching The Proposal and giving me the opportunity to go out for a nice long run. It was sad to say goodbye, but we're looking forward to seeing them and everyone else for Christmas in just a couple of months!
2 comments:
The feeding babies ice cream is a total Fisher trait. My dad does it to my babies (for their first Christmas my dad always gets the grandkids an icecream scoop!)... and I remember Grandpa Fisher feeding ice cream to Jacob when he was just a little baby.
So glad that you had such a fun visit!
I'm glad you had a fun visit. We can't wait to see you for Christmas!
Luke is getting so big...he's going to dwarf my little Becca!
Post a Comment