This past Saturday and Sunday, we enjoyed General Conference as a family in the comfort of our apartment. Jeff hooked up the computer to our TV so we could watch it in our living room. It was Luke's first General Conference and he watched the whole thing with us. On Saturday afternoon, Luke was fussing a little bit, but President Monson was the last speaker and Jeff told Luke, "The prophet is going to speak. Listen." And Luke did! As soon as President Monson appeared on the screen, Luke stopped fussing and stared, listening intently. Unfortunately, Luke was only rapt with attention for the first half or so of the President Monson's talk before he started to fuss again, but it was very sweet to watch the prophet get his attention like that.
I love General Conference. It always leaves with me with such hope, happiness, and resolve. I can't wait to read each talk in the Ensign so I can have all of our wonderful leaders' inspired words reinforced in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment