Sunday, September 12, 2010

Teething

At around 2 months, one week of age, Luke started teething. At first, we didn't realize that was what was going on. He started chewing on his fists a little bit and drooling more, but we just thought it was cute until a few days later it started to be accompanied by crying, especially at night. It hit us that he was probably teething even though he's so young (when I was a baby, I got my first tooth at 3 months old and many more followed quickly) and sure enough, he is. He's still his usual happy little self most of the time, but he does go through periods of neediness throughout the day a little more often and he's a pretty sad little guy for a while each night. But he usually can be soothed pretty easily and he tries to keep smiling. He's such a sweet baby. We are buying some baby Orajel for him tomorrow since he seems to have been in a little more pain for the past couple of nights and he didn't sleep very well last night. Poor baby. Hopefully those teeth come in soon!


He's too little to hold the teething ring himself so we have to hold it for him.

2 comments:

Katie Lane said...

try hyland's baby teething tablets. i love them. they dissolve right in their mouth.

jeanine said...

I was going to say the same thing as Katie... get those teething tabs! I wish I had known about them with my first two boys! They carry them behind the counter... just ask them for the teething tabs and they'll know what you're talking about.

It's been fun reading all these updates! Way to go!