Monday, September 20, 2010

"2 Month" Check-up

Luke is 12 weeks old today (2 months, 3 weeks, 2 days). He is closer to 3 months than 2, but he had his 2 month check-up and immunizations today. When we moved to Flagstaff, we only had a little over a week before he turned 2 months old and the pediatrician, recommended to us by the realtor who helped us find an apartment, was booked for a while. This was the soonest we could get him an appointment. It was worth the wait though. Dr. Mackell really was as kind and wonderful as we had been told.

Here are Luke's 12 week stats:

Height: 26 in (>97%)
Weight: 13 lbs. 1oz. (54%)
Head circumference: 41.2 cm (57%)

We have a very tall boy and he just moves way too much and burns too many calories for his weight to keep up. The nurse actually first measured Luke at 26.5 inches and then came back in to remeasure him when she realized he was off the chart. Jeff is hoping this is a good sign that Luke might get the build he always wanted as a football player.

At the appointment, I was worried about Luke being in pain from the three immunizations he had to get so I said a little prayer asking that he would feel as little pain as possible and that I would be able to comfort him. He was so brave. The nurse gave him the three shots so quickly that before I even realized she had given him the second one, she was putting on the band-aids. Poor Luke started crying after the first shot, but stopped crying even before I picked him up. He was back to his happy smiley self before we got out of the office.

When we got back to the car, I told Luke that I was proud of him for being so brave and explained to him that I had said a prayer and his Heavenly Father was with him and had helped him. We said a prayer to thank Heavenly Father together. He may be a little young to understand prayer, but I think he knows his Father in Heaven and I know Heavenly Father knows his Luke.

Here's our happy little guy with three dinosaur band-aids where he got his shots.

No comments: