Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm 21!

I am finally posting about my birthday!  I turned 21 on February 23rd.  It was a great day!  A giant pile of presents had been accumulating all week and that morning, I got to open all of them!  Jeff used his talent for finding great deals to get me lots of presents (3 dvds, a book, and a cross stitch) for the budget we set for birthdays.  Just like last year, my mama sent me a beautiful package with matching wrapping paper, tissue paper, and ribbon with pretty little fake flowers tied in.  I got lots of great presents from her and my dad, including some super comfy new running shoes, some great dvds and books and a ton of other great things.  Katrina sent me two undershirts, both of which I've already gotten use out of and love.  My friend Jackie was even sweet enough to mail me a Winnie the Pooh puzzle from San Diego!  I get even more spoiled now that I'm married.  Jeff  family sent me some great gifts: an Olive Garden gift card (my favorite!), all of the tried and true fisher family recipes in a cute recipe box, a new bread slicer, and a cute Winnie the Pooh notebook from Jeff's parents; and a check from Grandma Fisher.  My birthday was off to a great start!  I gave a presentation in my English class that morning, which went great and got several enthusiastic "Happy Birthday!" 's throughout the day.  Then I rode my bike home and relaxed.  No homework for me on my birthday!  I called my parents, Katrina, and Jackie.  I spent a LOT of time on the phone that day (I talked to Patrick and Renita a little later).  It was so nice to hear from everyone.  Then, while I waited for Jeff to come home, I watched one of my childhood favorites, Rigoletto (one of the movies Jeff got me) and colored in my giant Winnie the Pooh coloring book.  Jeff surprised me and came home an hour earlier than he had told me!  He cleaned and made me the funfetti birthday cake that my mom had sent (my favorite kind!).  Then, he told me he had forgotten something and left.  It was I trick!  He came back with my old roommates, Emily and Laurel (sadly Melissa had class), balloons, kazoos (they played happy birthday for me when they walked in the door), party hats and a pin the nose on the clown game.  We had cake and ice cream and talked for a long time and then we played pin the nose on the clown before I took Emily and Laurel home.  It was so fun.  My husband is so sweet!  And when I got back from dropping the girls off, he even watched a chick flick with me: Never Been Kissed, which I my mom had sent up in my birthday package.  All in all, it was a great day.  Thank you to everyone who made it so wonderful!

After opening all my gifts
Jeff insisted I wear my birthday hat the entire time

He put the candles in the shape of a 21
All in one breath
Playing Pin the Nose on the Clown

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just discovered this post. I think I was distracted by the videos and missed it. Anyway, very sweet. I love that you colored in your coloring book on your birthday :)