Sunday, March 8, 2009

Color Me Mine

Last night, Jeff and I went to Color Me Mine and painted ceramics.  It was fun to try something different from our usual dates.  I had been to a Color Me Mine in California several times as a kid (and once last summer) with my friend Jackie, but it was Jeff's first time.  Jeff decided to paint a plate and I picked out a bowl.  We were there for a total of 3 1/2 hours choosing stencils and paints and carefully tracing and painting (to get the deep color, you have to do three coats of paint so it takes forever!).  Jeff painted a very masculine dragon (the masculinity factor was a must) on his plate and I opted for fishies on my bowl.  They won't be ready for pick up until Wednesday night because they still have to be put in the kiln.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished products when we get them.

Jeff carefully tracing his dragon stencil
Stenciling is hard on a round bowl!
Jeff did such a careful and precise job painting
Cheesy smile




3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! So talented. They will be great to have and keep forever (or until one of you future children breaks one :) ) What a fun date.

The Hansons said...

what a cute idea! man, there are just some places that rexburg is really missing out on.

Amy Rex said...

That looks like a fun date! Good job! We will have to try that some time!