I was tagged on facebook, but I decided I wanted to spread this to the blogging world so here it is:
Rules: read, enjoy, laugh! Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
1. My three favorite things to eat are strawberries, frozen yogurt, and bread (especially the warm homemade bread Jeff and I make when it’s straight out of the bread machine)
2. I love to read and when I was little, all three of my siblings used to come lie on the floor in my room while I read them to sleep.
3. My siblings and I were so excited to get our own rooms when we moved into our house in Yorba Linda (when I was in kindergarten), but we missed each other too much so the first few nights, we all slept on the floor in our doorways so we could see each other.
4. I am VERY clumsy and accident-prone, but somehow, I never get seriously hurt. Last week I slipped on a patch of ice on my way to school and fell off bike (NOT a fan of the snow). Miraculously, no injuries!
5. I’ve never broken a bone and I’ve only gotten stitches once. 5 in my knee when I was 18 and my mom had to hold my hand.
6. For a while when I was little, I used to sleep under my brother, Patrick’s bed because I was afraid of fires.
7. When I was a kid I HATED to wear anything tight or form fitting. I would tell my mom, “It’s squeezing me!!”
8. I have been skinny-dipping more times than I can count.
9. The one time I went skinny-dipping in the ocean with boys (making them both keep their distance of course), I lost my tankini bottoms to a wave.
10. Jeff and I own over 500 DVDs.
11. I LOVE animals, especially horses, and once had 14 pets at one time. Too bad my husband doesn’t feel the same way. I'll be lucky to get a dog!
12. Since early on in our relationship, Jeff and I have watched a Disney movie and made banana bread every Sunday.
13. I was in 3 plays in elementary school and each time, I played a male character. Kinda sad.
14. My first kiss was with a very forward Canadian guy, whom I had known for about 3 hours, on top of Splash Mountain at Disneyland. My little sister Katrina was sitting right behind me and I heard her gasp as we went over the drop. Afterwards, she asked me, “So…do you do that often?”
15. Just before I did this, I was running in place in front of my TV since I have no desire to go out in the freezing cold weather to run. And did I mention I was wearing snow boots? (They’re heavy. It makes it harder. I promise It makes complete sense.)
16. I feel bad killing bugs I find in my house. I take them outside. I even used to save ants out of my shower! (I’d get them on my fingernail, open the window that was in the shower, and let them crawl out through the screen).
17. I had a Disneyland pass all through high school. I love that place and the memories I have there more than I can explain.
18. I can’t stand it when people smack their food! Yuck!
19. I once swam 20 feet to the bottom of the ocean and got some sand at the request of a lifeguard on a rescue boat.
20. Last week I changed my major from Elementary Ed. to Human Development so that now I will be graduating at the same time that Jeff is finishing grad school (Dec. 2010) instead of 4 months later and now we can have our first baby 2 years from right now! I was SO worried about all of that so I am now seriously relieved and I still plan on teaching (2nd grade I think).
21. I love Winnie the Pooh! I grew up watching it and still love it. I even asked for “A Merry Pooh Year” for Christmas, but sadly, didn’t get it. Maybe for my birthday next month. :)
22. My roommates told me I remind them of Winnie the Pooh because of these lines from “Pooh’s Grand Adventure”:
Christopher Robin: Pooh I have some news.
Pooh: Is it..nice?
Christopher: Not really.
Pooh: Then it can wait.
Christopher: It can? For how long?
Pooh: Forever and ever… (as he bounds off into the distance chasing butterflies)
23. I am very easily distracted and a pro at wasting time.
24. Although I have pretty good endurance and can jog for a looong time, I’ve never been fast and I really wonder what that would be like.
25. Jeff and I both want 4 kids and I hope it’s two boys and two girls. He wants all boys and he says it's not even possible that we could have a girl cause he’s a double Y.
I tag Brooke, Matt, Hilary, Tricia, Jared, Brynne, Steve, and Lauren and if I tagged you on facebook, feel free to do it here instead of there if you want :)
4 comments:
Kira - you are such a sweetie, I loved reading all of those things about you. (Love the "80's night" pic too!)
You remind me of pooh too:)
I will get on that tag asap.
Kira, I loved you new picture. Jeff's expression is a crack up!
I will do my 25 things here instead of face book cause I was in the middle of it, had to leave, and someone else got on my computer and lost everything, arghh! Plus, I can manage this low-key technology a bit easier :)
1. I am terrified of bugs and will risk life and limb (mine and even my beloved children's) in avoid to avoid the very possibility that one might alight upon me.
2.I love to hike!! I've hiked the Grand Canyon (20 miles) all in one day. It was hard, and I was a lot younger, but I am still proud of that :).
3. I love animals, especially horses. I got my first pony when I was 8 and sold my beloved quarter horse Tanja before I got married, sniff.
4. I won't eat avacado in any of its forms, including guacamole. I don't care if they're good for you and just growing on the trees around here, I won't eat them!
5. I drink waaay too much diet soda.
6. I love my teaching job at Fullerton College. I can't believe they actually pay me to do it :) Fools!
7. I have recently learned to straighten my hair, and I am inordinately proud of this because I have no other hair skills
8. My mom used to sign me up for modeling and social skills classes when I was a kid because I was such a tom-boy and usually "smelled like a horse" Just ask my much neater sister Brenda ;)
9. I have never broken a bone.
10. I would rather get new walking shoes and work out clothes than jewelry.
11. I am completely in love with my husband Cory and have a hard time keeping my hands off him even in public, which embarasses him and makes him happy at the same time.
12. My sisters, Brenda and Debi, and my daughters, Kira and Katrina, are my very best girlfriends.
13. I have never lived outside of a 25 mile radius from where I was born. And I'm okay with that. I feel lucky every day to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
14. I got married two weeks before I turned 18 and had my fourth child at age 25. It's great. I'm hoping to become a young grandma too (but no pressure Kira)
15. I love to swim in the ocean. I will swim in lakes, but I think the water is kinda gross and smells like fish.
16. Although many people have told me that they think I'm organized, I am secretly a terrible procrastinator, who only manages to pull things off at the last minute by the skin of my teeth and many, many heavenly blessings!
17. I too am afflicted with a terrible sense of direction and will often come out of a store in the mall and head off in the direction I came from instead of continuing through the mall as planned. At such times, I am always certain that I am going in the right direction, only to be baffled once again by my error.
18. I eat frozen yogurt 4 or 5 times per week. It's an addiction.
19. I'm told that I snore, but I am in complete denial about this so-called fact.
20. I love lobster.
21. I love to read!!!
22. I sometimes imagine that I am a really tough fighter that could defeat anyone who dares to attack me, but, in reality, I am a big scaredy cat who hunkers down in the fetal postition if anyone sneaks up on me and scares me.
23. I don't like to watch sports or play sports unless someone I know is playing and I can cheer for them...I still don't really care who wins though.
24. I am TERRIBLE at video games (and sports that involve a ball)
25. I'm freakishly good at working jigsaw puzzles.
kira! i love you! you are so funny. I almost died laughing when I read the one about you losing your tankini bottoms!oh hey, does your mom have a blog? i see she made a comment but i cant find the blog thing!
Post a Comment