Jeff turned 24 on December 28th while we were in Houston so we celebrated it with his family. When we got back to Provo, I threw Jeff a little "party" for just the two of us. Since I was on a budget, the majority of his gifts were coupons of services from me that he could redeem later. And to make it more fun, I came up with a whole bunch of games and contests we could play, each of which were worth a certain number of points. Then I assigned points to each of the coupons so as many points as Jeff won he could use on whichever coupons he wanted. Some of the games included basketball on the little wall hoop I got Jeff for Christmas, memory, Friends trivia (we've been watching an episode a night for a while now since Jeff had never seen it), pin the tail on the donkey, an obstacle course, singing the next 5 words of songs, the first to finish a 100 piece puzzle, and a few more. Of course Jeff beat me at most of them, but I won a couple. And we're not quite done yet so he still has a few more opportunities to win more points for services like massages, making his lunches for school, doing all of the dishes for a week, dinner at a restaurant of his choice, a night of "guy" movies, reading his scriptures to him while he eats breakfast, and a few others.
We went to Olive Garden for lunch and got the delicious soup, salad, and breadsticks and that night, I made Jeff dinner. He asked for pizza and his mom gave us a great recipe a while back, but she forgot to include the water for the dough. And when she told us how much water to add, I forgot to write it on the recipe the first time we made it. Since I was in such a hurry to get back to our games, I forgot to add the water in the breadmaker, which has to mix the dough for 1 1/2 hours. I didn't notice till it was too late, so I had to bake a frozen pizza. I was so bummed! But everything worked out okay. We spent the rest of the night going to the BYU basketball game and then coming home and playing a few more games that were a little more exciting and the reason why no one else was allowed to come to the party ;).
Jeff in the t-shirt I picked out for him in California with his presents: a football and Beowulf on DVD
At Olive Garden waiting for our delicious lunch
Playing N64. We played Cruisin USA as one of the games for points. Jeff won of course, but I got 3rd place. Not too shabby.
Dinner. I got sparkling cider to put in our fancier glasses from the wedding, but I forgot to put it out. I was a little forgetful that night!
4 comments:
Love the Pin the Tail on the donkey game - homemade - so cute!
Kira, your posts make me laugh so hard! Definitely a new side of you we're getting to know... :) Sounds like you guys had a fun party! We're totally embarrassed by that last picture, though!
i love this post! its so cute! i love the romantic dinner, me and collin are just like that, we are total saps. glad you guys are having fun!
Kira, we're waiting on the next post! Swoldge's birthday was a while ago :)
Post a Comment