Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!

Jeff and I had a fantastic Valentine's Day yesterday!  In case you haven't already heard, I have a wonderful husband and I love him SOOO much!  In the morning, I got up early to finish Jeff's gift and make a very Valentinesy breakfast.  Unfortunately, thanks to a couple big tests and papers, I had only gotten a few hours of sleep for the past two nights and was apparently too tired to wake up to my alarm.  I didn't even hear it, so I didn't have time to finish Jeff's present.  I finally finished it while he was up on campus doing homework with his friend Phil and gave it to him when he got back.  I made him a little scrapbook with one of the things I love about him along with pictures that represent it on each page.  Jeff got me a beautiful picture frame that says the word "FAMILY" surrounded by a bunch of pictures of my family (which he sneakily stole off of my flash drive while I was sitting right next to him, apparently).  I love it!  It's already hanging up in our living room.  Jeff painstakingly hung all of our pictures all around our house this morning (I helped a little).  They've been waiting in a box up until now.  I'm so excited!  They look so nice and make our house so much more homey!  Jeff did a great job.  Anyway, back to Valentine's day...Jeff gave me another fantastic Valentine's "gift" by unclogging our bathroom drain so I wouldn't have to!  We went and got a fancy plastic little doo-hickey that would pull everything out of there and now our shower actually drains while we're showering!  No more standing ankle deep in water!  Like I said, my husband is fantastic!  That night we went out to Red Robin for dinner.  I had a delicious salad and the waiter laughed at Jeff when he came back like two minutes after he had given us our food and Jeff had already finished his burger.  That guy can eat!  After dinner we got some tasty TCBY frozen yogurt for dessert and then we went home watched 13 going on 30.  Like last year, Jeff offered to watch a "chick flick" with me since it was Valentine's Day after all.  What a guy!

Our Valentine's day breakfast: scrambled eggs dyed red, heart-shaped pancakes, sausages spelling "LOVE" and a fruit salad (pineapple, cantaloupe, and strawberries).  Yum!
My gift from my wonderful husband

The card I made for Jeff on Word.  I must admit I was a little proud of my skills. :)
The scrapbook I made Jeff started out with "I Love" and every page that followed had a continuation of the sentence.  WARNING:  Things may get a tad mushy after this.  Don't say I didn't warn you!
I made this entire scrapbook for FREE thanks to my wonderful Aunt Brenda who has given me plenty of scrapbooking materials over the years and to the Maxfields who so generously gave us their Costco coupon for 50 free 4x6 prints!
Sorry these pictures are a little fuzzy with the glare, but I was just too lazy to take all of the pages out of their page protectors and put them back in again.


















Waiting to be seated at Red Robin

7 comments:

The Hansons said...

i love the mushy-ness. too bad we dont live closer to each other, I think you and me would have fun coming up with sappy ideas! oh and i love the breakfast!! so cute!

chandra said...

Way to go on the scrapbook. So dang cute! Valentines is the best when you have someone special to share it with. You two are so cute.

Heidi said...

I loved this post. You two are so romantic! The gifts you gave each other were both so sweet. I must admit, I teared up a bit because that photo album was just so darn mushy :)

Matt and Becca said...

Cutest thing ever! Way to go, Kira! (You too, Swoldge.) Who knew you could make sausage so romantic? :) Love you guys!

Hunter Family said...

You guys are so cute! Not to mention mushy. Happy V day to you!

lauren elizabeth said...

You and Jeff are so cute! Love this! Are you guys going to make it to Carlsbad this summer? I hope so! Then we can all meet Jeff! Miss you and hope everything is super!

Spencer said...

I like the valentines day breakfast. Creative!