Saturday, May 17, 2014

October 2013

October 01, 2013

Pancakes at preschool!

October 02, 2013


 Luke is very fond of his Halloween costume.
Heidi Carroll Lamb Hurray! And you didn't have to make it!!
Kira Fisher What are you talking about, Mom?? I totally made that! ;)

Luke loves the Pumba at Wal-Mart.

October 03, 2013

 Thanks, Mom! hahaha!





October 04, 2013

Morning stretches


Giving this little dude a bath ...

... with this crazy little monkey climbing on my back!


Halloween shopping


Matching outfits. Matching spit up stains.

Heidi Carroll Lamb He seems unconcerned.
Brenda Danner Oswell Kira, you look amazing as usual! Hope you feel the same way :)
Kira Fisher Aww thanks, Brenda! I do feel pretty good! It's been a journey getting back into shape and trying to lose the pregnancy weight, and I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling better and better every week :)
Dottie Musso Kira, you look great!
Shelley Ricks Thomas That looks like the Pipley Boutique dress I want! And you look amazing, even with baby spirit on you :)
Kira Fisher Thank you! Very kind of you both :) And Shelley, it's a Mikarose dress. I got it for free because I won a giveaway, but their dresses aren't too expensive.

Christa Chandler-Schultz You look super amazing! Beautiful! (Your baby's not too bad either haha)

Luke fits in the Bumbo! I told him he wouldn't, but he proved me wrong!

Heidi Carroll Lamb So precious!



Jeff's first time at Bahama Bucks. We had to introduce him to the goodness! This was supposed to be our date night, but for some reason I don't remember, date nights had to be foregone that weekend, so we took the kids out for shaved ice to compensate. Unfortunately, Luke was super whiny and one of the babies had a diaper blow out, and maybe a couple of other problems I can't remember. Jeff and I just looked across the table at each other with kids all over us and said, "Some date night, huh?!" Haha!

Birthday cake shaved ice.


This is what date night dreams are made of.

October 05, 2013

Chocolate chip muffins for Saturday morning General Conference. I guess this is kind of a tradition. A delicious one!


My snuggliest baby yet :)


Jade has been a daddy's girl from the beginning!

Accidentally matching brothers coming home late from Priesthood session and their traditional Baskin Robbins ice cream.

October 06, 2013


Launching cars into the baby bouncer.



Sunday Walk



Heidi Carroll Lamb I love his little chubby fingers!







Can't get enough of this chubby little face!
Jennifer Courreges-Realtor Forget the cheeks. Look at those dreamy eyes!!
Melissa Mitchell Shelley He is such a sweet boy!!

Heidi Carroll Lamb So handsome!

Pony ride!



Riding off into the sunset.

October 07, 2013


Grocery shopping with three kids! I do it a lot and these three take it like champs! Blake's car seat is usually inside the cart with the groceries, but this was one exception where I needed a LOT of groceries and they wouldn't fit with him in there, so I put him on the front of the cart and walked along side it the whole time to hold on to both him and Jade. My favorite part though, is Luke on the bottom on his blanket. I hand him samples down there like he's a puppy I'm feeding under the table. And lots of kids (and adults!) get jealous of his comfy little setup (sometimes he even brings a second blanket to put on top of him! haha). I get a lot of "Genius!" and "Why didn't I think of that!" comments, which crack me up because at first I really thought people were just going to think I was the biggest weirdo! I'm sure those are the people who don't say anything, and I'm just oblivious to their funny looks!
October 08, 2013


Gotta love mornings with these two sweet little faces!




My brothers totally crack me up every time I see them! They seriously make me laugh 'til I cry, but obviously I never have any of what they say recorded anywhere, until today. It was a text conversation and I have to share it. Love my family!
Patrick (along with a picture of a full package of jack-o-lantern Peeps): Mom - These Peeps have been out in the kitchen here at work all day with no takers so far. Either people aren't in the mood for Halloween or maybe they aren't in the mood for sandpaper.
Mom (Heidi Carroll Lamb): It's a travesty!! How dare you all besmirch the delicious Peep name!
Jared: Hahahaha 'or maybe they aren't in the mood for sandpaper'!! Lawled! When I laughed I heard the cleaner lady outside my door address me in Spanish ... I no respond.
Jared: And mama, I don't know these travesties of vocabulary you are using.
Patrick: Hahaha agreed. I'm not sure if it's good or bad to be a besmircher ... My teachers told me to do my "wordly wise" homework ... I no respond.
Dianna Keeler Vannatta Beautiful! Wonderful family times!

Brooke Sommers-Hnuter Bahahaha!!!!! I no respond!

Hilary Kaline Hanson I love your family!

Brenda Carroll Sommers The fusa!

Heather Adam Sargeant Ha ah ha. That is so funny!

October 09, 2013




October 10, 2013


We drove out to San Antonio on Thursday and didn't get back home until late Saturday night. The kids all did so great! It was an exhausting and fantastic weekend! :)

We stopped at a rest stop to feed the babies.

Jade is such a happy baby, smiling all the time!

Jeff used a blanket to shade Blake, while we all hung out in the air conditioned car.

Luke napped while the babies ate. The only naps he took all weekend were in the car.


Back on the road after dinner at Denny's.


Luke was excited to get a big bed all to himself, but he was happy to share with Jade. He was much less welcoming toward Jeff and I.




A little bored while I perform my all-important duty as the babies' personal dairy cow.

Jeff being beat up by a 3 year old. Poor guy took a lot of knees to the back.

We went for a walk outside the hotel and Blake fell asleep looking totally adorable.


Luke smuggled 4 tiny rocks back into the hotel. Don't ask me why he loves rocks so much. I really couldn't tell you.

Luke brushing his teeth and getting himself ready for bed. When did my baby grow up?? At least he's still not tall enough to do it without standing on the cooler. So he can't be toooo big, right?

Snuggly Mr. Blake was happy to sleep all cozied up to his sister in the pack n play at the hotel.

October 11, 2013

Luke getting some smiles out of his baby brother.



We went swimming in the hotel pool Friday morning. The swim diaper was WAY too big for Jade, so Jeff altered it a little for her.




This kid makes the funniest faces sometimes!





Somehow that tiny girl makes that husband of mine even MORE studly!


All wrapped up and cozy after her swim.

Our first stop at Sea World: checking out the dolphins. Luke started crying when we walked away because "Daddy didn't let me swim with them!" haha Poor kid! I didn't realize how high his expectations for Sea World were set!


This may have been mine, Jeff's, and Luke's favorite show because these divers were AMAZING!

This guy was impressively goofy and hilarious, while also being talented!

Luke's favorite part of Sea World, however, was the rides.



And this ride, Journey to Atlantis, was his absolute favorite part of the day! He rode it 12 times! No exaggeration! He was obsessed, and would have just ridden it over and over again all day long if he could have!

Luke's first ride on "Journey to Atlantis." He wasn't even kind of scared.

Happy boys after the drop.

I always love the sea lion show, although this time the acting and script were kind of painfully cheesy.

Jade slept right through the show.

Blake did too.

Luke waited til afterward.


Stopping to feed the babies. It was a challenge to coordinate warming up milk/pumping and feeding with show times.

Sweet baby Jade.





She ran out of milk before she was full. She was a little sad to have to wait for Daddy to go warm up more. I have to say though, this girl is the cutest crier ever. She has the sweetest little voice.




Luke's other favorite show was Shamu. My favorite part had to be the adorable baby shamu!

Watching the Shamu show. He had a giant grin on his face the whole time.


Good thing we weren't in the splash zone!

Nothing sexier, am I right?? :)

Cheeeeeeese

Happy baby girl

Talent. Pure talent.
Linda Blake Scott Harrison He could be a brain surgeon with that concentration and steady hand!!


Love this chubby boy!






After 7 rides in a row on his favorite ride. He was drenched! ...

... And he loved it!

Sweet boy exhausted after a long day.

October 12, 2013
 
"Helping" his dad pack up and bring everything down to the car Saturday morning.


We spent a couple of hours on the River Walk before starting the drive home. Luke found his name!

 Luke was pretty proud of this funny face he came up with.

Oh how I love this man.


River Walk


Whaaaa?? Have you ever seen a diagonal cross walk before? I hadn't!

We stopped at a park to feed the babies and let Luke play. Blake was happy to escape his car seat and stretch his legs for a while.



Biggest pinata I've ever seen!







Blake's big chubby hands look HUGE next to Jade's little dainty ones!

We got dinner at Buc-ee's. It was Luke's and my first visit. This place is a kind of a big deal around here, and I can see why! We had so much fun exploring it! And teeny, tiny Jade got a lot of oohs and ahhs while I carried her around the store. All four girls behind the bakery counter came and stood at the register to help me with my order (and ask Jade's name and how old she was).


Heaven for Luke: a giant box of cool rocks! He was so excited to bring home a bag of them.



We ate outside on the curb and fed the babies one more time before driving the last couple of hours home. I'm not ready to go back to real life yet!

Karoline Fisher Your babies are adorable!!! I love every time you post pictures! I am beyond excited to come to Texas during December and see them!

October 13, 2013



Luke insisted on brushing Jade's hair before I took her picture.

These two don't make it easy to get a picture of them side-by-side! This may have been pay-back for when I came upstairs earlier that day to find Jade kicking Blake in the head after their nap! The harder he cried, the harder she kicked! Poor guy. I rescued him as fast as I could, but he was pretty mad. They may need to sleep in separate cribs soon.



Debbie Monson Oh Kira your twins are soooo cute!!!
Janet M Carroll They are happy little babies.

Linda Voiers DiPadova Cuties!



Jennifer Courreges-Realtor Scrumptious! I love Blake's cocky little look...you talking to my sister!? I don't think so!!



Brittany Shurtleff DeCaires They are starting to look so old. Like a mini Luke!

Sheena Sullivan Sorensen Way too cute!




October 14, 2013




Awkward selfie of me and the kiddos on the train at the zoo today.

We ate lunch by the beautiful lake.


Luke fed Goldfish to the squirrels and birds in the zoo.



October 16, 2013

Can I brag for a second about how sweet and thoughtful my little man is? I'm not waiting for you to answer. I'm just gonna do it ..
Luke was sitting inside the grocery cart as we walked into HEB this morning and with my view obstructed by the giant umbrella he was holding over himself and his brother and sister, I didn't see the curb and ran into it. HARD. Luke hit his lip on the side of the cart and it drew blood. So sad. I bought him 4 little pay-by-the-pound cookies as an apology and when we got home, he told me he was going to save one (a chocolate macaroon) for Daddy, but I could have one bite. I told him Daddy doesn't like coconut, so he wouldn't want it. He was just about to take a bite of his third and last cookie, but he stopped and said, "Oh, then I'll give him this one" and put it back in the bag. "You can have that one, Mom." My little guy only got 2 of his 4 tiny apology cookies, but he was so happy to give Jeff the one he had saved for him when he got home from work. I love this little boy and his big heart!
Dottie Musso Sounds like DNA from his parents! Sweet child
Janet M Carroll Sweet loving Luke because he has goodly parents that spend time with him and teach him every day.

Katarina Herrera I agree ^
Kira Fisher Aww you guys! Thank you! Although, I'm pretty certain he just came this way :)

October 17, 2013



Happy baby girl at the library yesterday.
 Ashley Lamb <3 her="" i="" miss="" span="">
Kira Fisher Ashley, she has been requesting that her Aunt Ashely come back and sing to her!


I love this chubby face!
 Ashley Lamb <3 span=""> SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!
Kira Fisher :)

Computer time at the library.

Coloring

Posing with the (orange) leaf he colored.


Luke requested the spot next to the "squirrel" for his leaf.


This is how Luke looks the entire time we are in any public restroom. Seriously. His biggest fears are public toilets and hand driers.

The babies "helped" me make Halloween cupcakes for my Northwest Houston Moms of Multiples Club meeting. I went with my friend Jenna, who I have the best conversations with. We always wind up sitting in my driveway for a while finishing our conversation when she drops me off at the end of the night. She has boy/girl twins who are about 6 months older than Luke and she's fantastic!


My cupcake decorating assistant in charge of frosting ...


.. and my candy melt specialist.



Caitlin Fisher So big! I feel like I haven't seen them in ages.
Kira Fisher Seriously, Caitlin! I keep wanting to call you, but then I remember you have sickies at your house. Soon!

Tessa McAllister They are so cute Kira!!

Janet M Carroll They look so beautiful and grown up.

Isabel Rodriguez They are both beautiful! And SO big!!



"Oh hi, friend."


I found this cute note from one of my favorite primary kiddos left in my bag a few weeks before. This note, passed to me during Sacrament meeting, earned her some time holding Jade. She was so excited!

October 18, 2013


I pulled a Grandma Lamb and spontaneously took Luke to the movies this morning and bought him overpriced movie food! He ate every bite of that hot dog and was super excited to find out his ICEE was Sprite flavored. Steve the monkey was Luke's favorite part of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
 Heidi Carroll Lamb Good work!
Jeff Sommers Learned from the best! Lol
 
Blake was really into the movie and watched intently from the stroller whenever I wasn't holding him. He and Jade did great! Not a single problem!
Melissa Mitchell Shelley you are super mom!

Heidi Carroll Lamb So precious!
 Kira Fisher I just let the movie do all the work, Melissa! :)
 Melissa Mitchell Shelley 2 babies and a toddler in a theater. It's amazing! They both could have cried! Well done

October 19, 2013

Luke's been a party animal this weekend! A birthday party last night, and another one this morning!







Luke rode the train at the party 4 times! Jeff took the babies home to feed them while Luke and I waited in line for one final ride.








Everybody is pretty happy watching football at our house tonight :) Although I think for the babies, it has more to do with Daddy than football.

October 21, 2013


Nerf gun target practice.

Jeff and Luke set up a stuffed animal shooting range!



October 22, 2013

Working hard at preschool.







CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!!! I'm so excited! We decided last minute to make it happen and now it's official! We'll be there in 2 WEEKS!! November 5th-13th! Let me know if you are free for a visit because I want to see as many people as we can!
Katarina Herrera Yes!!!!!

Katarina Herrera Yes!


Katarina Herrera Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Katarina Herrera Yes.


Michelle Witt Me! I will visit you!
Tina Chitwood Porter I would love to see you... & the whole family. I miss the Lambs & would I love to meet all of your babies :)
Kira Fisher Hahaha Katarina Herrera! I whole-heartedly agree! We made plans to get together, and 3 babies later, it's finally happening!
     Michelle Witt, yes PLEASE! 
     Tina Chitwood Porter, we'd love to see you!


Katarina Herrera Kira it's happening. Tell me what day and ill clear the schedule.
Brenda Carroll Sommers Dang it! I will miss you!!!!
Kira Fisher Oh shoot! Are you going to be there sometime soon?


Brenda Carroll Sommers I am going tomorrow and coming home next Tuesday!
Kira Fisher Aw such a bummer! So close! Maybe you should just stay longer :)
Brenda Carroll Sommers Got a quilt retreat..
Kira Fisher Arg!


Janet M Carroll Wow! I had no idea such great news was on the horizon. Can't wait to see you all.
Kira Fisher I know, Janet M Carroll! We literally figured it all out and decided it last night and bought the tickets this morning! We can't wait to see you!


Dottie Musso Your parents will be soooo happy!


Heidi Carroll Lamb Hurray! I can't wait!!


Ashley Lamb I think you should stop off in CO on your way over and leave Jade with me!!! Haha jk Wish we could be there. Your Jeff has an awesome job!!


Kira Fisher haha I'm sure one day when she's older, she'll be begging us to do that, Ashley Lamb! We'll just put her on a plane and send her out to you! And I really wish you guys could be there too!


Kira Fisher haha Ashley Lamb, I'm just picturing what Jade would look like when we picked her up after spending the week with you! I'm seeing lots of sparkles and maybe even a tiny tiara? haha

October 23, 2013


How cute is this little cowboy!

Crowded shopping cart. Cute, happy boy in a paper cowboy hat. 


Two babies in a bath!
 Katarina Herrera sooooooo cute!! we have the same bathtub :)
Debi Carroll Kaline They're absolutely beautiful!



October 24, 2013


October 25, 2013

Luke insisted that his chick a.k.a. his "baby" be in the picture along with his other two babies. And yes, they are HIS babies. If I say they're mine, he gently corrects me.


Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo!

My little caveman!




Luke won a finger trap at the carnival games. Watching all of the panicked kids around trying to figure these out mayyyy have been one of the highlights of my day haha



Lunch time. We may have sped this along a little if we'd realized all of the Zoo Boo activities were closing so soon! We missed out on a few things that closed before we got to them. Oh well. It was still a fun day and there's always next year!


Jade never learns! Every time she reached over and put her hand on Blake's shoulder, he trapped it in his elbow with his crazy strong grip and she couldn't get it free until he released her! It didn't seem to bother her much though. Can you tell which is our laid back baby and which is the spazzy one? 


Blake is CONSTANTLY ready to box somebody (No wonder he's starting to lose that belly! The boy never relaxes)! And it's one of his favorite things when Jeff takes him up on it and starts throwing punches!






This squirrel stole a pumpkin!



Luke LOVES mazes! And he's pretty good at them too!


So excited about his little pumpkin! And of course, my boy who loves to collect tiny things, picked the smallest one he could find!


Luke was fascinated by the jelly fish. I think he would have been happy to sit and watch them for quite a while.

Checking out pictures of baby animals born at the zoo.
October 26, 2013


On the shuttle to the Bridgeland pumpkin patch this morning.

Caitlin and I were tromping around this giant pumpkin patch with 6 kids age 5 and under! We miiiight be a little crazy.


Carried this little one around the whole day. She said no thanks to the carrier and opted for this instead.



Me: "Luke is literally a head taller than Becca!"
Caitlin: "And it's a big head!"
hahaha can't argue with that!

Bethany gave this her best effort!



She gained a few steps and then got flung backwards! But she seemed okay with that.


Caitlin, she is way too grown up!!
Caitlin Fisher I know! Make it stop!
This is her determined face.



Luke's turn. I kind of wanted to see him put those ridiculously strong little legs to work, but he liked being bounced backwards a little too much and just did that over and over. At least he had fun!



And then the whole thing started to deflate???


Little Becca is easy to overlook, so the kid in the middle of this picture tried to climb up after Luke was done, but these two awesome kids didn't hesitate to stand up for their little sister/cousin. Luke pulled the boy back down while Bethany pushed Becca up! It was so cute to see them looking out for her!


This cute tiny girl did her best ...


... but it didn't get her very far.






Lunch time!



The nice couple behind me in this picture helped Caitin and I get our many children and things onto the shuttle at the end of the day. You can see the man holding my stroller. He also got it off the shuttle and opened it up for me when we made it to the parking lot. Gotta love kind strangers!
 
October 27, 2013


Jade hung out with Reese the whole time we were at her house on Sunday. Reese even ate her dessert while feeding Jade her bottle! Impressive!
 Stephanie Dietz 2 super cute girls!! She's a babysitter in training ;)

October 28, 2013

The mattress topper was in line with the mattress before Blake and his crazy kicky legs got to it! He moved it a good 8 inches, sleeping sister and all!


LOVE those chubby thighs!

October 29, 2013




My banana bread baking assistants. Jade thinks her brother is hilarious!


Kelsey Petersen WANT!
Pooh Bear's nose fell off, so naturally Luke put it on to become Luke Bear.


Jeff and one of our little minions at the trunk or treat last night. I didn't get ANY good pictures of the kids costumes! It was kind of hectic trying to feed babies and follow Luke around and my very mild sore throat somehow became seriously painful by the end of the night, so my picture-taking skills were completely lacking. I'll just have to get some good ones tomorrow when we have a little more time.

Jenna L. DuBoise Love it!

Cousins enjoying their trunk-or-treat spoils.

October 30, 2013

Early morning with my sweet little kiddos. My sore throat has returned to mild status and all of my babies are in sweet, smiley moods. Heaven :)









People said Jade looked like a doll constantly! And several even mistook her for one! I could always see what they meant more when looking at this tiny girl from behind.





Luke is the sweetest kid! Every time I tell him he can have a piece of his Halloween candy, he sets aside one for me too, and if I tell him he can have two, he picks out two for me. On this day, he picked out (from left to right) 2 for Jeff, me, himself, Grandma, Grandpa, and Jared. He said he couldn't give any to Patrick, Ashley, or Katrina because they're too far away.

Jared Lamb I adore this child haha
Heidi Carroll Lamb He is so sweet! I love him so!

Heidi Carroll Lamb And, Dang, I hope mine aren't the Tootsie Roll and the Dum-Dum!




October 31, 2013

"I love Jade the best"


"It's Halloween!" "It's almost trick or treat!" They kept hugging because they were so excited!

Luke and Becca made caramel apples over at Caitlin's house on Halloween.

"I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!"



Trick or treating!




Our friends, the DeCaires' had easily the coolest and funnest house we saw all night! A homemade dance floor and awesome music! Plus they were all dressed in fabulous Disco clothes!



Take note of the ghost buster in the bottom left corner of this picture. Awesome.

No comments: