Friday, May 30, 2014

November 2013

November 01, 2013

Bathtime for Jade

Cute chubby boy getting ready for his bath.


9 baby ducks! I almost died from the cuteness!


Feeding the ducks.
Blake and Jade are 4 months old and sweet as can be! We just adore them. (pic: 2 weeks vs. 4 mos.) Here are their stats:

Blake
Birth L: 19in (18.4%); W: 5lbs 4oz; HC: 13in
4 Weeks: L: 20.5in (24%); W: 7lbs 3.5oz (5%); HC: 13.8in (7%)
10 Weeks: L: 23.5in (61%); W: 10lbs 14oz (23%); HC: 15.25in (17%)
18 Weeks: L: 26.5in (95.5%); W 14.8lbs (38%)

Jade
Birth L: 15in; W: 3lbs 10oz; HC: 11.5in
4 Weeks: L: 18.5in (0.3%); W: 5lbs 1oz (nowhere near the chart); HC: 12.5in (nowhere near the chart)
10 Weeks: L: 20.75in (2%); W: 7lbs 10.5oz (getting closer to the chart); HC: 14.25in (almost on the chart)
18 Weeks: L: 24in (31%); W: 11.6lbs (5.5%)

Janet M Carroll Absolutely adorable
 Katarina Herrera You are plumping them nicely





Luke picked these flowers for me.




November 02, 2014


November 03, 2014






November 04, 2014





This girl melts my heart. She will just stare into my eyes and talk to me forever! Her eyes always look like they're trying to communicate so much.


Gru and his minions (I finally got around to taking pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes!)
 Isabel Rodriguez OH MY GOSH!!!!!! this is so adorable! I absolutely love this!! I was a minion for Halloween also...but they are waaay cuter!
Brenda Danner Oswell The twins are getting so big!
Kimberly Dawn Breakwell So cute! Keegan was a minion this year too!
Jocelyn Smith Thomas Hahaha, I LOVE this! They are so cute!
Jennifer Courreges-Realtor That is seriously adorable!
Janet M Carroll They are darling and you are so creative.

Amanda Tomasits so freaking cute!

 Karen Alvarado de Juarez Que minions tan preciosos






Jade was not having it! "Stop taking pictures and feed me!" In my defense, she had just eaten! But apparently she was extra hungry that day.



November 05, 2014

Saw this amazing futuristic dude at the airport on our way to California. That is a gold phone with a coiled cord plugged into an ipad! A gold phone! And his sunglasses were very cyclops-esque. It was awesome!

 Jeff took two kids, so I only had one. He's too good to me! Jade and I sat in front of these cute boys.




Everyone was so happy to see Grandma and Grandpa Lamb waiting for us at the airport!



Jeff dancing with Jade at Urgent Care. Luke had just started antibiotics for strep throat, so we had to be sure none of the rest of us had it, or we could just keep passing it around in a terrible vicious circle! We had to have our throats swabbed. It hurt, but I think Jeff and I were bigger babies about it than the babies were! They took it like champs!

November 06, 2013

Jared's girlfriend at the time did us a HUGE favor and signed us all into Disneyland for free!
 Jared claims to be afraid to hold the babies when they're still this little, but look at how good he is at it!
 Ashley Lamb <3 i="">
 Jared Lamb She's so dang tiny
Debi Carroll Kaline You are a beautiful person, Jared, so there!
Janet M Carroll Comes natural to you, Jared, even if a bit scary.
 
Aw the life of the first grandchild/nephew. Always the center of attention! This picture cracks me up!
Caitlin Fisher I'm totally going to use these pictures as peer pressure to get Bethany on rides. "Luke did it!"
Kira Fisher haha good plan! Although, to be fair, this was the one ride Luke did NOT like! Too dark and too many loud noises!

 We visited Cars Land in California Adventure. We were bummed Radiator Springs Racers was closed. Luke would have LOVED it! Cars is his fav! At least he and Jeff had a great time ramming into everyone they could on this bumper tires ride!
Michayla Lamoreaux Hartshorn Those were the best!!!
Kira Fisher So fun! Luke and Jeff were on the attack the entire time leaning as hard as they could to run into people! haha



 Grizzly River Run at California Adventure. Definitely in Luke's top 5 favorite rides EVER!




I caught some serious flack for the goofy looking hats that went with Blake and Jade's Disney outfits! Whatever, I thought they looked adorable!





This boy makes the most hilarious faces!


 These babies have the BEST grandparents!

Grandma and Grandpa feeding the ducks with with their arm-fulls of grandchildren!


Jackie Pinkowitz This is the greatest thing I have ever seen!
Kira Fisher haha thanks, Jackie! And to think I tried to buy those outfits in a size smaller, but they were out of stock. The timing was perfect!
Allison Barnett Those little outfits are to die for!
Katarina Herrera Love love love!
Michelle Witt I just can't even handle this
Janet M Carroll Perfect family!
Kelly Chapman Wright So cute! And Kira, you look great!
Jennifer Courreges-Realtor Oh my goodness gracious! This is too much cuteness for one picture!
Terri Piepgrass Brechter Jealous!!
Caitlin Fisher I forgot about those outfits! So perfect!
Brooke Sommers-Hunter Oh look at those cute babies!!!! Kira you look fabulous! How is it that there were twins in there just a few months ago!?
Shelley Ricks Thomas Such cute twins outfits!! You look great!
 Kira Fisher Thanks everyone!! Caitlin, I totally forgot about the outfits too! I only brought them on this trip because I thought Blake was going to grow out of his soon, so I should bring them and have our little Mickey/Minnie photo shoot while we're here, but then I just happened to see them in the suitcase while I was getting ready in the morning for Disneyland and thought, "Duh! How did I almost miss this opportunity!"
Melissa Mitchell Shelley Cutest idea ever!!! Love it!
Mr. Blake looking like an adorable little burglar.
 

Pirates of the Caribbean. Blake was wide-eyed for the entire ride. Jade fell asleep.



Luke was a huge fan of Splash Mountain! He rode it more times than any other ride all day!

Brenda Danner Oswell Luke must be really tall to go on all this, poor Evelyn won't be tall enough for a long time!
Kira Fisher Aww poor Evelyn! haha Yep, Luke just barely makes the 42" rides these days.
Patrick Lamb Kira, why did you decide to fall asleep during the most exciting part of the ride?
 
Bahaha!! Those faces!
 

Wore this boy out! We only gave him about 40 minutes to sleep, and then woke him up to go on another roller coaster. He was totally game :)




Luke impressed everyone with his driving skills on Autopia! He was unbelievably good at steering!
 

Luke's Disneyland souvenir from Grandma and Grandpa. He picked the Disneyland tram.


Waiting for the real tram to come pick us up.
 

Both babies were OUT by the end of the night!


Holly Lawton Kennedy Katie Frost, is this pic just killing you?!
Tammy Johnson Harlan So Cute -- Did Disnelyand give you all free passes?
Linda Haslam Moody Too cute!
Kira Fisher Thanks! And actually, Jared's girlfriend works there and she got us in. We seriously lucked out!
Katie Kimball Frost Cutest little mousketeers ever!

November 07, 2013

Jade snoozing in Grandpa's chair.


I wish I had gotten a better picture, but this is all I got of Aunt Debi and Miss Jade hanging out together. Jade loved Aunt Debi's singing!
Laura Verbecky Murdoch All the babies love Debi's singing!! :)
Marge Broderick I love Debi's singing too!
  Melinda Vierhus I love her singing ... she was the best roommate ever!!

Snuggly TV time with Grandpa.

November 08, 2013

Beach day! Blake loved it! He didn't even mind that it was a little cold.




 Poor Jade is so used to this. That brother of hers just can't hold still!


Jackie Pinkowitz Bee-u-tee-full!! Look what you guys made!! Well done!!



 The water was FREEZING! But Luke didn't mind!



Luke the Grey, fearless leader of the Fellowship ;)

Mmmmm Wonderland Bakery...

Mom makes the best dinners! Healthy and delicious!
 
November 09, 2013

Mickey Mouse pancakes!

  Playing catch with Luke.

Naptime for Jade and Grandpa.


Luke was big enough to ride one of the trot ponies this time! He loved it!



Grandpa is such a baby guy! They love him!

We can't come to California without riding the Irvine Park train!


Feeding the ducks. Luke employed the "one for you, one for me" method.







 Run, Grandma, Run!


 This mountain lion seriously wanted to eat Luke! It did a double take when he walked up to the gate!

 My friendship with these two little guys only lasted as long as they still thought I might have food.


The porcupine really wanted to go visit his neighbor.



Kevin! She was digging all over the ground to find bugs for her babies to eat.


The beavers were having a snack. I'd never noticed their crazy feet before this visit!


Luke = Barn Owl




That crazy mountain lion again!


Blake loves Grandma! I love the way his whole face scrunches up when he smiles!




Is it just me or does this kid look way older than 4 months??
Jackie Pinkowitz He's so poised, is why!
Christa Chandler-Schultz Yes!
Michelle Witt I agree
 



Stare down.
 

Luke bumping into low-hanging branches and laughing like a maniac with Grandpa.


Luke told us how to get home using his map (of the zoo).


"Okay .. now we're passing the diamond."


All funned out.


Blake helped Grandma out by holding his own bottle while she made her lesson handouts for church the next day.


This cute boy is constantly holding his little hands together like that! And don't get me started on that belly!

November 10, 2013

 Happy babies in the morning! One of the best parts of my day!








Hanging out at Mamal and Papal's house after church.


Papal chased Luke with bubbles! These two always have so much fun together! Out of everyone, Luke chose to sit by his pal, Papal, at church.



They made a ramp for the cars.
 
 

Debi Carroll Kaline Sweet picture, Kira!

November 11, 2013

 Papal just gets smile after smile out of both babies! They love him!

November 12, 2013

Good morning, Jade!

Bike ride time!


30 miles later! We had some super sore tushies by the end!


Surgery. Poor Jeff grazed the side of a wooden bridge on our bike ride and got a bunch of splinters in his arm! Mom volunteered to play doctor when I wasn't too excited about it.

Debi Carroll Kaline Heidi is always so brave about these kind of things!
Kira Fisher She really is, Debi!
 Heidi Carroll Lamb Jeff was so brave. I was really hurting him, I know. Both Luke and I were impressed :)

November 13, 2013

Heading home, Luke carrying his own suitcase as usual.

Thanks for the cool new nickname and the sub-par strawberry banana smoothie airport Starbucks.


Yep, this was Jeff for about 10 minutes on the plane while I went to the bathroom and tried to produce a couple of bottles for those little twins without a pump. We weren't expecting that to be necessary, but when you forget the diaper bag with ALL of the babies' food, diapers, etc. at the airport, you do what you gotta do! Thankfully, we all stayed calm and said a little prayer, and it was unquestionably answered! Not a single tear from either hungry baby for the entire flight - and my little Blake takes his food SERIOUSLY! Blake slept in my arms for a lot of the flight and even when multiple loud speaker announcements from the flight attendants and pilot woke him up, he just went right back to sleep (normally, with a hungry belly, he NEVER would have done that!) We made it to Houston and hurried to baggage claim to retrieve the formula from our checked bag and wound up having to wait 30 more minutes for our bags! The babies STILL did great! Blake stayed calm in my arms and Jade only cried a little when Jeff had to put her down in the stroller so he could grab our bags! Miracle, I tell you!


Does this look like the face of a little boy who was forced to wait hours to eat?? He had hardly had any of his bottle yet, but he was smiling and cooing too much to eat it! Love this sweet boy!


Miss Jade was all smiles too! Am I biased, or do I really have the BEST babies?? :)

Luke and I made necklaces that night while Jeff was off playing football in his GE sponsored tournament. Side note, yes I am a little bald. Thanks twin pregnancy! Thankfully, it is all starting to grow back in!

November 14, 2013

Mr. Luke entertaining two babies at once today! Talent! I thought I would miss all the extra hands on our first post-vacation day, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved having some time just me and my babies. They make me super happy :) Of course, it's easy to be happy when you just play with kids all day and ignore the messy house and unpacking that needs to be done!
 

Luke made a bed for his "babies" and "read" the thank you card he got from his friend, Janie Mae, to them.

Preschool buddies!



Jeff got Jade to laugh like I've never heard her laugh before today! She adores him!

November 15, 2013

Luke making mazes for me to solve.



Look who's sitting up! (Kind of) It only lasts for a few seconds, but he's doing it! Jade, on the other hand, just falls right over. She doesn't even try! haha
Katarina Herrera Sitting up already!!!!

Making colored noodles. I made the mistake of using vinegar instead of rubbing alcohol (I could have sworn that's what I was supposed to use!) and they took FOREVER to dry, and a lot of them stuck together, but it all worked out out eventually!


November 16, 2013
Twin love :)
Melissa Mitchell Shelley stud muffin and cutie pie!
Kira Fisher haha thanks, Melissa! I am literally watching the video of Ethan doing the alphabet RIGHT NOW! You are both the CUTEST! What a smart boy and a wonderful momma! Please just forget Virginia and move here! I must hang out with you and that little guy ASAP!
Kira Fisher P.S. I LITERALLY think of you every time I use the word "literally" and I can just hear you saying it in my head haha Aw I miss you!
Melissa Mitchell Shelley hahaha!!! I am telling you... we will make it back to Texas some day! Our kids will LITERALLY be best friends!! We must skype in the near future!!!
Kira Fisher That's what I like to hear! And YES let's!

..Until Jade got a little hungry.
 
Luke on riding the pony today at the Renaissance Festival: "I was holding on real tight cause I thought it was gonna go fast, but it just kept going slow!" (Mom Heidi Carroll Lamb, you've spoiled him with the trot ponies at Irvine Park!)
Luke on finding Daddy's measuring tape under the bed:
Jeff: "What's it doing under there. Weren't you supposed to put it back in my tool bag?"
Luke: "Yeah, I was going to, but another boy must have came and took it and put it under there!"
(I can't be sure, but I may be that "other boy." I did use it to measure the babies not long ago...)


Janet M Carroll Love hearing how smart he is. Nothing gets past him!
Caitlin Fisher To be fair, the Ren Fest ponies were suuuper slow.

Heidi Carroll Lamb That boy just has a need for speed like his father. ha ha!
November 17, 2013

November 18, 2013
We went to a park in Downtown Houston. I'm pretty sure we were trying to visit the zoo that day, but we couldn't find parking for the longest time, so we eventually just gave up and went to the park. It was a beautiful day out - we couldn't just waste it by driving all the way back home!




Blake playing an invisible flute.








I had to feed the babies at the park, so Luke made friends with this little girl and her Grandma. They were so sweet to him and he had so much fun playing with them.

Luke and his new friend, Lyla, ran all over the playground laughing and holding hands.


This crazy squirrel kept inching closer and closer to the babies looking for food! Shooing it away only seemed to encourage it! Eventually it got the hint.

November 19, 2013






Blake's had enough pictures for one day!

Brenda Carroll Sommers What an adorable pile of children you have!
Janet M Carroll Gives Luke so much more thinking and developing. Did I tell you I got Luke a year's subscription to HIGHLIGHTS Magazine with all the activities, including mazes?
 Kira Fisher Yes, you did! And he will LOVE it! Mazes are his favorite! Thank you so much! :)
Jackie Pinkowitz Look at all these faces!! Amazing! And excellent choice, I loved highlights as a kid!



L is for Library at preschool.


I got #10 ..and #11. I've never been good at being concise (there's a fact about me already!), so I'm going to use that extra fact and go with #11 ...
1. My roommate met my husband, Jeff, before I did and called me to tell me she had met my future husband! She was right! And I STILL have no idea how I managed to get him! My mom used to call him "Mr. Poppins" because he is practically perfect in every way (haha he looooved that, not), but it's true! I'm grateful every day!

2. I LOVE being outside! Virtually all of my favorite activities take place outdoors and I think most activities can be improved if they are done outside.

3. The beach is my happy place. I just LOVE it! I grew up in Orange County and spent so much of my time there. And with my Grandpa spoiling me and paying for my gas, I even drove there every morning in the summer for a while and ran for miles barefoot in the sand down by the water. If I could still do that every morning, I would be one HAPPY lady!

4. Speaking of running, while I was at BYU, I used to run 7 or 8 8.5-minute miles 6 days a week, but since Luke was born, we have changed locations and schedules so many times that I haven't ever quite been able to get back to that. Now that we're settled here in Houston and the twins are here, I'm working my way back there (with my amazing husband's help -he watches the kids so I can run every night) and I can't wait to be back in that kind of shape again!

5. I easily go through more than a gallon of milk a week by myself. I love it!

6. I have "monkey feet." I am constantly using them to pick things up, open and close things, push buttons, etc. I have definitely passed this on to Luke. It's hilarious to watch him use his feet all the time. He even used to try to hold his bottle with them when he was a baby!

7. Before I had kids, I was not a "kid person." I thought they could be adorable and hilarious from a distance, but I much preferred playing with someone's dog or cat over their kids. The first diaper I ever changed was Luke's, in the hospital after he was born.

8. If I had to pick one thing to eat for lunch every single day, it would be Carnival Cruise Ships' turkey sandwiches, and I would be totally stoked about it!

9. When I was younger (pretty much from birth until I was married), I used to worry pretty much everyone who cared about me because I was SO trusting and naive, and they were all pretty certain I would be kidnapped one day. And now that Jade already seems to have a very similar personality, I'm not looking forward to her making me worry about her all the time! I guess I deserve it!

10. I'm not very agile or fast, but I wish I was! Footwork was never my forte when I played soccer, I can NOT jump, it takes me a long time to learn something like a back flip on the trampoline or a front handspring (both things I've done), and even when I do get it down, it's pretty ugly! Fortunately, these things come pretty naturally to my husband, Superman, so our kids have a fighting chance!

11. I'm naturally pretty shy (or maybe just awkward?), but I'm totally energized by social interaction and am excited to go anywhere I know there will be people. I guess that makes me an extrovert? A shy extrovert?
Stephanie Dietz I have monkey feet too! If I can't have an extra set of actual hands I'm glad I have my feet/toes :)

Caitlin Fisher I have monkey toes too...comes in handy when hugely pregnant and bending over to pick something up is a chore.

Brenda Danner Oswell I'm shocked by #7! I never would have guessed.

Janet M Carroll You are your own fabulous person! I used my toes too, so maybe that comes from me.

Lindsey Pickett the turkey sandwiches are really good.
Katarina Herrera Mr Poppins!! <3 span="">
November 20, 2013

Baby love

He kills me with that face!

Isabel Rodriguez He is seriously Lukes mini me!!!
Kira Fisher So true, Isabel!
Rebekah Nelson What a handsome little guy!


I accidentally flipped the camera on Jeff's iPod and got a look at the babies' perspective of me when I'm leaning over them haha
November 21, 2013

We went to the park to hang out with some new twin friends today and the twins gave the swings a try for the first time!





Then, we went and hung out with Caitlin Fisher for a few hours. She's the best!

Greg did my hair with straws! He was amazed that they stayed in!


Oh what's up, Rocky.

My talented hair dresser. He was so proud of his work :)
What a GREAT movie!! Thanks for saving us the best seats in the theater, Stephanie! :)
We saw Catching Fire for girls' night.
Jennifer Courreges-Realtor This must have happened while I was at concessions. Cute pic!
Holly Lawton Kennedy Jennifer, we waited til you left and then we were like quick, take a picture!
Jennifer Courreges-Realtor Haha, Holly you crack me up...unless you are serious :/ Hehe, it's my crooked face huh!?
Stephanie Jamtaas Fantasia Sorry Jennifer. :( we did it really quickly before the lights went out. I think a few of our group are missing.


November 22, 2013




The scavenger hunt I came up with for date night last night (yes, Jeff and I are big kids, and we like it that way!). Just like the last time we did this, we ended up with second prize. We could've gotten 1st if dang Walmart carried Hunger Games apparel! In Walmart 43 min 30 seconds in and that was the only thing left on the list! So close! We couldn't really complain about getting Mouse Trap though! So fun! Luke is going to love it!

***PS. If there are any other goofballs like us out there that think this sounds fun, let me know! I would love to organize a double or group date competition version of this!***

Heidi Carroll Lamb You guys are so fun! I love you!
Kelly Chapman Wright This is hilarious!
Brittany Shurtleff DeCaires We are in but know we might get is thrown out of the store.
Kira Fisher hahaha Brittany! Yes! You can ask Jeff, I told him you guys were the first ones to come to mind when I thought about who might actually have a crazy scavenger hunt competition with us! It's on!  
Heather Olson I would totally do it! But ur a little too far away :)
Kira Fisher Heather, I wish!
Dianna Lawton Erwin Sounds awesome!
Kira Fisher Sweet! Brittany and Dianna, game on in a couple weeks? We've got plans for the next couple of weekends, but maybe the second weekend in December?
#15 check!
It was 49 degrees out there and humid and it even started drizzling! I was dying! How I ever lived in Utah, I have no idea!

#13 check! He was so quick, I couldn't even get a picture!


And then we went to pick up the kids and this happened haha Bethany and Jeff traded hats.

November 23, 2013

Trying baby oatmeal with Blake at almost 5 months old. He wasn't having it! These babies didn't start eating baby food until at least 6 or 7 months old, and they didn't get really consistent with it until 8 months! Luke could barely wait until he was 4 months old to start!



Little Miss Jade

6 kids in car seats (those are Greg's little feet in the middle). Jeff and I got audible gasps walking around the store with "our" 6 kids 5 yrs and under. It was hilarious! 
"And there are TWO babies!"-Stranger in Dollar Tree

Caitlin Fisher All of my favorite little people in one car!


They each got to pick out two toys. They were so excited! Thank you, Dollar Tree, for making babysitting so easy!

How cute is this kid!




Pretty happy with her dollar store haul!

"Flying" with their dollar store fairy wings.
 
November 24, 2013


Luke being a "horsey" for Becca.


The kiddos cracking up watching themselves as dancing elves on 'Elf Yourself.'
Kelly McInerney :) adorable!


November 25, 2013





November 26, 2013


Why do I immediately think, "We are the knights who say ni!" Jeff broke out his winter coat for the 30's/40's degree weather we've had here.
November 28, 2013


Blake got to "play cars" with Luke and I while Jeff was playing in the Turkey Bowl. We normally go watch him play, but it was FREEZING out there!

Ashley Lamb He looks like a boxer!!
Kira Fisher haha yep, that's what we always think too! Jeff is always boxing him. Blake thinks it's hilarious!

Ashley Lamb Love her
Kira Fisher Let's skype soon!

Jade and Blake LOVED mobiles! Just like Luke did! It had the power to take them from crying to smiling instantly! And try to ignore the messiness. That's my side of the bed where I would throw everything when I gave up at the end of the day and crashed. Housework probably suffered most when the twins were born. It was no surprise since I've never been great at it! Good thing I had Jeff to help pick up my slack!



November 29, 2013
The perfect morning-after-Thanksgiving activity: winterize the boat. Luke "helped."



The perfect morning-after-Thanksgiving activity: winterize the boat. Luke "helped."

 Cute and happy even with her little sickie eyes. Poor baby girl has been super congested for about a week, but she is still her sweet happy self and she still sleeps and eats great! Love her!

Ashley Lamb those eyes!!!!


Blake giggles every time I put Jade on his chest like this. He's ticklish!



November 30, 2013


SO happy with Daddy. Jeff is going for the "ignore the camera and maybe it will go away" tactic. (It never works on me).

Happy birthday, Mom! I love you so much and miss you like crazy! Please go and find that magic car from the story you made up for Luke and magically appear here pronto! We all want to give you birthday hugs! :)
Heidi Carroll Lamb Thank you my sweet girl! I love you all so much too! I have never had any desire to be rich until you moved away. Now I would like to own a private jet

Renaissance Festival time! This place is like another world! It's so weird and wonderful, I love it!

I've never experienced better people-watching than we do at this place each year! Some of these people get intense!

Luke got to try out the bungee jump. He loved it!


There he goes!




This guy cracked Luke up by getting under him and pretending Luke was kicking him every time he came down.

Oh, that Blake. Always making funny faces :)




Luke jousting.


He alllmost got his lance into the ring. He did it last time (he went to the renaissance festival last weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Fisher), so he was confused as to why they made him get off before he got it in this time.

Watching a show. Jeff is so patient. haha


Adult onesie?? hahaha But seriously. It even had snaps on the front.


Cute Blake on our way out. A couple of girls stopped to look at him and tell us he was cute while he was in the stroller and I was holding Jade. Then they looked up at me and said, "Oh, and there's a smaller one!" They were so confused for a second until I explained that they are twins, Jade is just a lot smaller. haha

No comments: