Thursday, August 1, 2013

April 2013

April 01, 2013

Picnic at the park

Luke does NOT like Peeps! I had to take picture to show my mom that she is the lone Peeps lover in this family! Not even the 2-year-old will eat them!

Luke was so excited to see Jeff get the ladder out! And not the least bit scared to climb all the way to the top! Don't worry, we spotted him!

Facebook Post: "From what I can tell, 20 week pregnant belly with twins = 32 week pregnant belly with Luke. The unfortunate need to sit down in the shower in order to shave my legs is right on the horizon and I'm already incapable of getting out of bed without making some kind of noise. Oy vey!"

April 02, 2013

Luke and his buddy Rocklond on the very popular library computers. Shortly after this picture was taken, Luke threw up in one of the library trash cans (thank goodness I saw it coming!) and my friend Lindsey was forced to make a makeshift diaper for her baby when she changed him before she noticed she didn't have another diaper to put on him! It was an interesting trip to say the least! On the bright side, Luke's stomach bug didn't last long at all and I didn't catch it (a nightmare of mine when I'm pregnant) and Lindsey's plastic bag/paper towel diaper miraculously held up through nap time after she got home!

April 03, 2013

Jeff's gets so into playing with the neighborhood kids that he sometimes forgets he's not a kids himself!

Jeff reading his favorite book from his childhood, Alexander and the Magic Mouse, to Luke (the very same copy Jeff's mom used to read to him when he was little).

Facebook Post: "'The crib is too tall for the babies, but I'll help them get up there cause I'm their big brother.' This boy says sweet things like this all the time! He is so excited for his little brother and sister to arrive and to be a big brother! I just hope he's still this excited when they actually get here! :)"


April 04, 2013

20 Weeks pregnant with the twins!


Bike ride to the outlet mall to explore and ride a couple kiddie rides.


Bathtub painting

Facebook Post: "Jeff and Luke went grocery shopping (leaving me to relax at home - my husband is amazing) and when they got home a few minutes ago, Luke came running in yelling, 'Mom! Daddy drove over the sidewalk cause he has a really big car!' Jeff CLAIMS he just barely hit a curb going around a corner. Apparently, Luke also told Jeff as he was throwing several boxes of cereal into the cart, 'Dad, you better put one back or Mommy will get mad.' I have NO idea where he gets this stuff!"

My late night thoughts on Feb. 4th:

It's awesome when you're lying on your side trying to sleep, but the pain of what feels like a baby's head wedged up against your hip is getting in the way; so you turn over onto your other side, only to find that there is a baby on that hip too! It's amazing though that instead of a feeling of exasperation and annoyance, a feeling of extreme happiness and excitement comes over you! It's been hard for me to grasp that I'm really pregnant with twins and that this is really happening, that I will actually get to welcome two more children into our family in just a few short months! All of my thoughts about what it would be like to care for two newborns at once weren't really connected to thoughts of two children that are MINE and whom I will love just as much as their brother, because it still just didn't feel real! And as a result, those thoughts produced nervousness almost as much as they brought excitement. It was honestly often like I was thinking of another person experiencing this or a hypothetical situation! But over the past few days, I have felt these two kick and move SO much more than I have in the past and it was finally enough to convince me to believe this is really happening, that I am on the verge of meeting two more of my children! And suddenly all of the nervousness and apprehension are gone. I am just excited and SO happy and feeling so blessed! Because even if it's hard, I know it will be 1000% worth it and we will figure it out because these are my kids we're talking about! I'm finally allowing myself to love them and get attached to them and get truly excited for their arrival. I think I haven't allowed myself to do that up until now because we experienced over a year of heartbreaking disappointment and back then, it was easier to try and stay detached. But now it feels like that is behind me and these two little angels could arrive tomorrow and I would just be so happy to have my babies (I mean, if tomorrow were closer to my due date. I don't want them to come too early, of course!)! Wow, I am just so blessed.

April 05, 2013

I came home to these gorgeous flowers and a hilarious and heartfelt (Jeff is a master at this combo) card the day I found out that my pregnancy weight had officially exceeded that of my husband. They are I-love-you-even-though-you-weigh-more-than-me flowers. He claimed to still find me attractive too! Man, that husband of mine is a seriously sweet guy!

April 06, 2013

Slip n' Slide time between two wonderful sessions of General Conference.



Caitlin and I got together with our friend, Brandie and all of our kids at Caitlin's house while our men were at the broadcast of Priesthood session of Conference. This cute boy hung out with us moms while we chatted.


April 08, 2013

Nerd art with Luke


April 09, 2013

Luke made friends with this little boy at the splash pad one morning. Then we went back for a second time with Jeff that evening when Jeff got off work...



Dakota Fanning?! Seriously, this girl looked so much like Dakota Fanning in I Am Sam!






April 10, 2013
National Sibling Day!











On Renita's birthday, Luke and I went to Color Me Mine so Luke could paint a mug for her.




We went to Alicia's for lunch afterward, just because.

April 11, 2013

Train pancakes on a Lightening McQueen plate with a Lightening McQueen fork?! This boy is in heaven!

Luke and I discovered an awesome new way to paint the tub! With a medicine dropper! Luke LOVED it!


Whoops! I never thought a tiny medicine dropper would have that kind of range!



These colors were much more vibrant than this picture lets on! When we ran out of green paint, Luke even started using the medicine dropper to suck up a little blue and some yellow, so the paint would come out green! (He learned that from his Color Kittens book - they spend the whole story mixing colors trying to find the right combination of colors to make green: their favorite color).

Luke developed what we are pretty sure was a nasty staph infection on his chest the first weekend of April and this is the day we decided we couldn't keep trying to treat it ourselves, we needed to take him to see his doctor. They got him in for an appointment with one of Dr. Davis' associates right away. I didn't care which doctor we saw because I thought whoever we saw, they would just look at the infection, determine it was a staph infection, and prescribe antibiotics to heal it. Simple as that. Little did I know, I would be going through one of my most heart wrenching mom moments to date, while at the same time, witnessing a miraculous answer to prayer.

What had started as a tiny pimple like mark on Luke's chest had quickly developed into a big 1.5" diameter lump that was bleeding and draining. It was so painful that Luke didn't even want us to look at it, let alone touch it! He walked around holding his arm out so that it wouldn't touch the infection. So, when the doctor asked to see it and Luke. sitting on the edge of the examination table actually lifted his shirt to show it to her, I was SO proud of him for being so brave. I could see the fear on his face, which deepened when the doctor told him she needed to touch it, but he agreed. My heart broke as I watched him trying to be brave as she gently felt the infection, giving me a look of desperation that soon crumbled into tears of pain.

The doctor laid Luke back on the table as he tried to to control his crying and I did my best to comfort him, holding his hand. Then, without warning, the doctor decided to try and drain the infection by squeezing it extremely hard! Luke screamed in pain as her first attempt only succeeded in starting a steady stream of blood, but did not actually drain it. It was honestly like a torture scene out of movie as she made a second attempt, which was much more successful. Luke screamed like I have never heard him scream before and writhed on the table, desperately begging, "No! No! No! No!" and never looking away from my face with eyes that begged me to save him. I held his hand and did my best to comfort him, although my heart was breaking and watching him in so much pain was easily one of the hardest, most painful things I have ever experienced.

When the worst of it was over and the doctor started to prepare the bandage, I reassured a still sobbing and terrified Luke over and over that he was done, while he locked his eyes on mine trying to focus on my words and calm down, and suddenly I realized that I wasn't feeling well. I was about 5 months pregnant and I had already started the day feeling a little worse than usual, and I was unwisely wearing heels. I quickly realized, my body was threatening to lose consciousness. Knowing that my son needed me, I was desperate to stay conscious so I could continue to comfort him. I quickly said a silent prayer that I would be able to do just that, but the feeling continued and I was forced to kneel on the floor next to the table, still holding Luke's hand and talking to him, trying not to let him know how I was feeling. The doctor asked if I was okay and told me my face was very pale. I explained to her what was happening just before I had to sit and then lie down on the office floor. Luke was now bandaged and off the table, and I did my best to speak normally to him and tried to rub his back so he wouldn't worry, but then I realized, he wasn't paying any attention to me at all. In the time that I had sunk to the floor, Luke had abruptly stopped crying, and had turned his attention to the box of toys on the floor. It was as if he had forgotten I was there and he really didn't need me to be. The doctor got me a water bottle and I managed to remain conscious as I gradually recovered and got up to sit in a chair. I sat there, amazed as I watched Luke play happily and listened to the doctor's instructions. After seeing Luke more terrified and in more pain than I had ever seen him before, I was shocked to see him suddenly completely calm and happy. As we left the office, he cheerfully said goodbye to the doctor and said, "Mom, that was fun playing with cars." THAT is what he took away from that experience??? Heavenly Father may not have answered my prayer in exactly the way I had asked Him to, but it was impossible to deny that He had answered it (there is no way Luke would have behaved that way without divine intervention!) and I was SO grateful. I am just so grateful for a Father in Heaven who is aware of each of us and cares about us and always hears and answers our prayers. We are never alone.

FIVE bottles of antibiotics for Luke's infection! Thankfully, Luke healed quickly and had his dose significantly reduced at his follow-up appointment, so he didn't have to take all of this medication!

April 12, 2013

A free visit to the Butterfly museum! And all I had to do was take a survey!







Luke decided to build a little neighborhood out of the blocks.

Jeff and I went to pick Luke up after our date night and found these cute cousins having a blast together! I am so glad they all get to grow up together!

April 13, 2013

Our post-temple trip tradition of frozen yogurt.

April 15, 2013







April 16, 2013



Luke and I check out a giant stack of books from the library every other week and Luke insists on checking out all of his own books!

April 19, 2013

Luke the Builder

Depleted date night budget for the month = awesome date night playing at the dollar store ...

... and $1 frozen lemonades.

Also, I tried on big floppy hats at Payless while Jeff and I fantasized about the fabulous yacht he plans to own one day.

April 20, 2013

A beautiful day for some boating!

Why does this boy look so grown up??

The boys psyching themselves up to jump in the water. It was freezing!

Jeff didn't know I was taking pictures, so I caught a candid little smile from him. He gives me this look all the time! I love it! And him!

See how cold it was! I spent most of my time comfortably wrapped in this blanket while those crazy boys of mine braved the ice cold water!


You first, Dad!

Jeff was determined to go wake boarding, even though the water was so cold that it made him make this face!


I worked on baby boy's name/birth date/birth weight cross stitch during our down time.




22.5 week twin belly! My belly looked so funny sticking out from underneath a life jacket that used to fit me!


Peek-a-boo, baby Greg!
April 21, 2013

My manly man husband who rolls his eyes at all things girlie girl just can't say no when his little niece (Becca) asks him to play dress up Barbie with her before Sunday dinner. So sweet!

Mmmm ... Caitlin's homemade ice cream sandwiches.

Becca and Luke can really get that thing going!

April 22, 2013

Playgroup at the park. This baby started standing at a crazy young age! Turns out he was just practicing to start walking at 9 1/2 months old!

April 23, 2013

Sometimes it's hard being the only boy in our little neighborhood gang ...

He tried reasoning with those crazy girls ...

... but it was no use! Get out of range!


April 24, 2013 - April 29, 2013

We took a wonderful trip to Utah (Luke kept accidentally calling it Piñata) to witness a couple of big and exciting events in Jeff's two younger brothers' lives! Steven got married and Kyle went through the temple for the first time in preparation for his LDS mission to Brazil in July! We also got to visit lots of family and friends. It was a great trip (despite a little sleep deprivation, thanks to our groany 2-year-old sleeping in the same hotel room)!

Luke insisted on pulling around his heavy suitcase full of shoes and clothes again!

Visit with Grandma Fisher

Luke LOVED Emily right off the bat!



BYU! I miss it!


Look what we found in a display case on a wall in the Crabtree technology building! It's Jeff"s capstone project!

I loved the gorgeous mountains and flowers everywhere we went!

We had an awesome visit with Doug, Tricia, and Beckham! Tricia even sent me away with a bag of clementines and granola bars so I would have plenty of snacks! Love that girl!


Luke loved Bo!


Dart gun fight at Grandma Fishers. Luke was ruthless, shooting everyone point blank!



These three held hands all the way from the parking garage to the temple!



Every time I wear this skirt, these kids think it's a tent! It's hard to see her, but Becca IS in this picture. Haha!


The girls were SO happy to see Kyle!

And Steven too!


The girls love Karoline!
 
Poor Luke tried to fit naps in on the go all weekend. He slept all the way through dinner after the temple!



Cute girl in the hotel pool


Luke had Lightening McQueen to entertain him while we waited for the happy couple to emerge from the temple.



Luke found a rolly polly.

Luke tried to run away from the picture taking, but Jeff retrieved him.



Stud. Notice the Texas belt buckle he got just for the occasion. He loves rubbing his Texas pride in the faces of those of us that have married into the Fisher family from other states!

Bethany and Luke were fascinated by Grandpa Summer's missing thumb!


Luke wanted nothing to do with picture taking outside the temple after Steven and Karoline got married. Karoline's dad gave us a pack of smarties to use as a bribe.

The poor kid was so tired he passed out in his car seat before he could even finish his candy!


Feeding llama clementines.


Luke found a piano at the luncheon.


Baby Greg


Trying to blow out a fake candle.

Luke is still totally entertained by Jeff's "blow on my tie" trick!

Playing pass the car

Duck duck goose with Karoline's cute sisters and brother after the luncheon. These two girls were SO sweet with the kids all day!


Hide and seek after the luncheon. Hiding wasn't Luke's (or Becca's) strong suit.



Another nap at the reception. Jeff got a work out holding a sleeping 40 lb. toddler all weekend!

Loved all of the gorgeous decorations at the reception!











Luke finally woke up to sign the card for the newlyweds

Luke became best buds with Karoline's cute little brother!


These two danced together all night! It was ADORABLE!




Luke and I went for a little walk.



Nick and Luke running and jumping like little mad men!

First dance!


Luke is a crotchety old man at heart sometimes. Too loud!


Luke helped decorate Steven's car.



At it again!


Karoline's little sister, Brooke, spent all night playing and dancing with Luke! She was SO sweet with him and he LOVED it!

I think this boy was a little bit proud of himself for getting so much attention from a beautiful older woman! Ha!




Luke was SO happy dancing the night away!


Luke has this goofy move where he puts his hands on the floor and kicks his feet in the air. It was pretty popular with the other kids!


Karoline's cute sister was game to try every crazy move Luke could think of! He LOVED her!





Last ones on the dance floor at the end of the night!
Luke's new dance move is spreading like wildfire!



These two started climbing at the same time haha


Hurry up Becca! She is a persistent little one and was so proud of herself when she finally made it to the top!

Check out that studly husband of mine! (Poor Luke slipped when he was running through gravel).


Becca fell asleep playing hide and seek. Kyle and Kinzie took too long to find her!


Making a "castle" with Grandma Summers
.

Jeff talking boats with Grandpa Summers.

These babies were so fascinated by each other!











Saying goodbye to Grandpa Summers.

Watching Cars (Luke's favorite) and sharing snacks on the flight home. Kyle brought a pack of M&M's for each of the kiddos for the plane ride, even though he was on a different flight! Such a sweet uncle!

No comments: