June 01, 2013
Family bike ride to Walmart to get a gift for Becca for her 3rd birthday party that day.
Luke signed his name on the "card."
Cute spread of food for a rainbow themed party!
Limbo!
Caitlin's mom was in town for a long visit. The kids were so happy to have her there!
How Jeff spent most of the party. He was one of the only dads attending the party with their child, so I guess he thought it best for everyone if he just excused himself to play video games in another room. Haha.
Spin for a color, pop a candy-filled balloon, fill your goody bag!
Saturday-before-Fast-Sunday dinner out at Alicia's:
Luke ate a lemon.
Becca did too.
These two are ADORABLE!
These two are pretty cute too!
June 02, 2013
Luke went through a phase for a couple of months where he was obsessed with marbles and Jeff often helped him build tracks for them, including this one. That's a milk jug funnel, pool noodles, and a sled.
Luke made sure to let me know that he, not Daddy, added the ring of tape to make the track "cool."
The adorable invitation my friend, Alexandra, designed for the baby shower she and Caitlin were planning for me. "1 BEAU and 1 BOW Double the fun and double the joy, Kira's expecting twins, a girl and a boy!" I love it!
June 03, 2013
Luke makes our walks so much more bubbly and magical!
[Facebook Post]: "Are
there seriously TWO cribs in our nursery?? Luke helped Jeff put the
second one together last night. It was so cute to see them both come
downstairs with their toolboxes afterwards (Jeff gave Luke his own
little toolbox a couple of months ago)."
My friend, Megan, gave us a whole bunch of cute baby girl clothes AND a few fun toys for Luke. Gotta love Lite Brite!
Luke wanted to spell "Grandma" next. This boy loves his grandmas!
June 04, 2013
End of the school year party at the splash pad with our church friends.
Mamal (my mom's mom) has a knack for picking out cards her great grandchildren will love! She sent Luke this race car card for his 3rd birthday. He was SO excited and played with it like a toy car right away! He was also pretty excited about the money he found inside. I told him we could go to the store so he could pick out a toy to spend it on. He answered almost instantly, "No, I'm going to ride the train at the zoo!"
June 06, 2013 - June 08, 2013
Renita is the most amazing mother-in-law. She is always offering to take Luke so that Jeff and I can have time together as a couple, even for days at a time! In this case, she insisted that we get away for a weekend before the twins were born, so Jeff and I spent a lovely two nights and two days in a hotel right on the beach in Galveston, TX. I was HUGE and pregnant and didn't sleep very well, but it was still such a wonderful couple of days! We built a sand castle, played in the water, collected shells, walked for miles and miles up and down the coast, rented a two-person bike, explored, rode the ferry, and just enjoyed being together.
Our sand castle. My tankini didn't fit anymore, so everyone on the beach was subjected to the sight of my enormous bare belly!
Jeff's wallet fell out of his back pocket while we were riding down the coast. Sad. He was having so much fun scaring me half to death every 10 seconds since I had absolutely no control of the steering before that ruined the fun!
Jeff and I aren't big fans of eating out, especially not several times in a row, so we were pretty happy with this dinner we picked up from Target.
View from our hotel room balcony.
Shells we collected to bring home to Luke. He loved them!
Good morning!
Riding the ferry.
Saw this ridiculous car on our way home. Yep, those are spinning spikes on it's wheels.
June 08, 2013
Saturday night babysitting. Jeff and I packed 4 kiddos into 2 double strollers and headed for the splash pad!
Waiting for the water buckets to dump!
This boy wasn't the least bit concerned about where I was! He was just crawling around having a good time!
June 10, 2013
Caitlin is amazing! She is working so hard at starting a business as a doula and is having so much success already! She wanted to be able to offer a variety of services to her clients, so she used me as a guinea pig for a belly cast. It was a fun day and just another reminder that my belly was HUGE and so wide with the babies being side by side!
Jeff's impressive domino skills!
Luke loved it! And promptly requested that he do it again.
June 11, 2013
Facebook Post: "Let it be known: (while I was absent-mindedly throwing and catching a rubber baseball with one hand) Luke: 'Mom, you're a good catcher. Daddy drops it sometimes. (continuing to watch me) .. You're better than Daddy.' Ha!"
June 12, 2013
Luke and I worked together on a little Father's Day gift for Jeff. It's a road and buildings on the back of a t-shirt, which Jeff can wear in order to get a back massage from the cars Luke will drive all over it. Luke was the city planner. He decided what locations we would have and where to put them. I drew them and Luke helped me color.
Pregnancy progression comparison pictures:
(30 weeks on June 12, 2013)
June 13, 2013
Pool time. Luke is learning to swim without that floatie and doing a great job! We still have some work to do, but we're all excited about his progress and Luke loves practicing!
June 14, 2013
Luke wants to learn everything there is to know about cars, trains, planes, and every other kind of vehicle! I wish I was able to answer all of his questions! Here is Jeff teaching him how to use the headlights.
June 15, 2013
Jeff set up what he called a "Gentlemen's Book Club" with a few guys from our ward (Ben, Curtis, and Jeremy), which was code for wakeboarding for several hours.
Jeremy, Jeff, and Curtis
Jeff
Jeff attempted a backflip for the first time! Ben posted this on Facebook right when it happened. This was our conversation while the boys were still out boating:
Me: No way! Did he do that on purpose??
Ben: Yep, Jeremy is a bad influence
Me: haha! Well I hope you guys have some Motrin or something.
Ben: Yep, Jeremy is a bad influence
Me: haha! Well I hope you guys have some Motrin or something.
Apparently, Jeremy tried it, so Jeff felt the pressure to give it a shot too, even though there were still plenty of simpler tricks he hadn't tried yet! And I know he had no plans to try it anytime soon before that day.
Facebook Post: "What! This crazy husband of mine just keeps
getting more and more amazing! He was out with friends on the boat today
and just decided to try a flip out of no where! And he got SO close to
landing it!"
Ben
Ben
June 16, 2013
Breakfast cake and gifts Father's Day morning.
In case you can't read it:
My dad's name is Daddy
He is 5 years old
He is as big as me! .. a house!
He has yellow hair and brown, like me eyes.
His favorite food is Hippos ("hee hee hee!")
His favorite color is blue .. green!
He likes to go to work
For fun he likes to play cars
My favorite thing to do with my dad is "reading this book (pop-up book), then play play with my puzzle with Daddy. He doesn't have to go to work tomorrow!"
I love my dad because "I don't want him to go to work."
Like I mentioned before, Luke planned this whole shirt. He told me what to put where and I drew it. Then, he helped me color it. That's a relatively accurate depiction of our house in the upper left hand corner. There is also a fire station, a gas station, an HEB grocery store, a library, a hospital, and a park.
Super Luke!
Giving the shirt a try. I played too, to enhance the massage.
It was my turn to cook Sunday dinner. These are the desserts I made for the daddy's (Greg, Ben, and Jeff). The hamburgers are made of a cupcake cut in half with a circular brownie and colored frosting in the middle, topped with sesame seeds. The fries are sugar cookies coated in sugar.
Last year, I made a photo book of the story of Grandma Lamb and Luke for my mom. This year, I made one for my dad ..
June 17, 2013
Splash pad with the cousins on the first day of Jeff's week long leadership training for work. He had left the night before for his hotel. Of course, it was only in downtown Houston, so it was nice to know that he could come home for a night if we needed him to, but there were things going on morning and night for his training, so he never did come home from Sunday night to Friday afternoon. We missed him!
I always say how unfair it is that although Caitlin and I both have very cute children, hers are incredibly photogenic, and mine is NOT! I can snap a quick picture of any one of her kids, and it almost always turns out adorable and perfect first try. I have to snap about 15 pictures of Luke, if not more, to achieve the same level of cuteness/perfection! Perfect example: I saw Luke adorably running and laughing with his cousins, so I took a picture ...
Seriously?? Why does the camera hate my child?? I promise you he's really cute!
In contrast, Baby Greg was sitting on the ground in front of me, so I called his name to get his attention and snapped a single picture. Perfection! This picture is completely unedited! It really isn't fair!
On Jeff's first night away, Luke and I enjoyed cupcakes and ice cream left over from Father's Day, while staying up late watching a movie in my bed.
June 19, 2013
Renita (LOVE her) offered to take Luke for a night in the middle of the week, so I could go stay one night in the hotel with Jeff.
We went out to eat at a little Italian place with GIANT delicious portions and not so giant prices! We each got a calzone. They were amazing! And while we were there, I passed several tables of elderly women on my way to the bathroom, who were all there having a poker night. They asked what I was having, and went crazy when I told them it was twins, and even crazier when they found out it was a boy and a girl. They were hilarious!
Once when Katrina was around 8, I think, our whole family was at Outback Steakhouse and when the waiter asked her if she wanted soup or salad withe her meal, she said, "Yes, I'll have the super salad." We have never let her live it down. So of course I had to get a picture of this place!
June 20, 2013 - June 22, 2013

My wonderful friend, Alexandra combined forces with Caitlin to throw me a seriously great baby shower! How adorable is this chalk board! Alexandra made and decorated it just for my shower, which was held at her parents house.
All of the decorations were perfect! Soooo cute! I seriously feel so blessed and loved to have friends willing to do so much for me!
Caitlin brought a huge variety of tasty toppings for the ice cream bar. Deeeelicious!

This picture was taken after one of the best surprises I've ever had! My mom decided at the last minute to fly out to Texas for my baby shower and told no one but my dad about it, so it would be a complete surprise. She arrived in the morning and rented a car at the airport. Then she drove around shopping for the babies and getting lunch by herself, killing time before the shower and hoping not to get caught. She got the address for the shower off the invitation Alexandra had mailed her and just showed up at the door! I was standing across the room and saw her standing there on the porch, but it took me several seconds to believe what my eyes were seeing! I just stared at her thinking it couldn't be real and wondering how it could be .. but it was! I speed waddled across the room to give her a huge hug and cried a little because the combination of pregnancy hormones, my natural cry-baby tendencies, and this being the most wonderful surprise I could have imagined were just too much to handle!
Present time! All these wonderful people have seriously great taste! They got these babies some really really cute things!
Renita and Sue - two of my favorite people!
Abby and Sabrina munching on the some of the candy Alexandra ordered just for the shower.
My wonderful shower planners!
My mom stayed for two days. Luke was SO excited to have here here! We all were and she spoiled us rotten as usual!
Grandma and Luke played a lot of cars during her visit (surprise, surprise!) Here, they are trying to get their cars to go through the "tunnels" on the inside bottom corners of the lock board.
Accidental matching!
With Luke's birthday just a few days away, Grandma gave him his present a little early - just before she left for the airport.
Luke LOVED his new cement mixer! He especially loved that it really works (with water, not cement)!
Tiny cement truck, meet giant cement truck.
Love these two!
I was tired of just watching, so I decided not to let a big pregnant belly (or the fact that I was fully clothed) stop me from having fun too!
June 23, 2013
Cookies for FHE
Luke really likes sprinkls!
It doesn't get any cooler than this kid!
June 24, 2013
[Facebook Post]: Luke
got a postcard from his Aunt Katrina today! Considering it takes
forever for mail to get here all the way from that tiny little island
out in the middle of the ocean, I'm super impressed she got it to him 4
days before his birthday! He's already asked me to read it to him twice
and says he wants to go visit her at the beach.
June 25, 2013
[Facebook Post]: We
chose a great day to visit Grandma! Luke is so excited about the cement
truck out front and the driveway being replaced in the back. The
workers were even nice enough to let him help!
And even I am shocked at the sight of my giant belly in this picture! 32 weeks tomorrow! I kinda thought I had reached my belly max a couple of weeks ago, but apparently not! Is it really still going to get BIGGER??
And even I am shocked at the sight of my giant belly in this picture! 32 weeks tomorrow! I kinda thought I had reached my belly max a couple of weeks ago, but apparently not! Is it really still going to get BIGGER??
June 28, 2013
We planned a little family birthday party for Luke's 3rd birthday on Sunday, but on his actual birthday the Friday before, we tried to make it a special day for him. His first request was to play cars and watch Cars, the movie when he woke up.
His first request was to play cars and watch Cars, the movie in my bed when he woke up.
Then, we went to Jump on In with Caitlin and the kids.
When Jeff got home, Luke opened his presents from Jeff and I. Also, notice the domino tunnels and tape roads Luke and I made for his cars earlier that afternoon.
Cars 2 on DVD
A car carrier
And Hot Wheels tracks. Luke was really excited about all of his gifts!
June 29, 2013
Saturday night babysitting: Slip N' Slide edition
Bethany helping Becca out with a push.
This is what happens when you ask Jeff to hold your dolls.
June 30, 2013
With me being very pregnant (and little did I know, much closer to having babies that any of us could have anticipated), we decided to go low-key this year for Luke's 3rd birthday party with a family party after Sunday dinner, the only attendees being our usual Sunday dinner crew: Grandma and Grandpa Fisher; Ben, Caitlin, and the kids; and Jeff, Luke and I.
We had a Cars theme. Specifically, Lightening McQueen. Luke is not a fan of messes or things getting dirty, so seeing his Lightening McQueen car on this cake made him a little anxious. He kept asking, "Mom, can you take him off there?" I would explain why Lightening was on the cake and that we could just wash him off afterward, and Luke would just respond, "Yeah, but can we just get him off there?"
Luke decided a few weeks prior that he would be having TWO cakes at his birthday party: one Lightening McQueen cake and one "3" cake. He made that decision right around the time we went to Becca's birthday party four weeks earlier, which is strange since Becca only had one rainbow cake at her party!
Using balloons like yo-yo's with Uncle Kyle.
Silly birthday boy.
After playing this game at Becca's party, Luke decided he wanted it at his party too.
Who could blame him? Popping candy-filled balloons is a good time!
Jeff taped colored paper to a spinner from one of our board games to make the spinner (in Luke's hand in this picture) that determined which color balloon the kids would pop.
I printed out a large picture of Lightning McQueen and Jeff cut pieces out of it (sponsor stickers, wheels, windows, etc) for me to hide around the house. Each kid was told to run around and find 3 pieces of Lightening and put them in the correct spot to complete the picture.
A little help out from the big sister.
The final game we played was the one where each kid has a balloon tied to their ankle and they alll chase each other around trying to pop each others' balloons!
It was so hilarious to watch! Luke was DETERMINED to pop Becca's balloon! He sat on it, jumped on it, and this picture shows him biting it! Becca just watched him. She didn't even try to escape.
Luke really wanted to pop Becca's balloon, but he was personally offended that Bethany was trying to pop his! "I don't want you to pop my balloon!" [Straining to pop Luke's balloon] "But that's the rules of the game, Luke!" Eventually Jeff had to step in with a tack and hurry the popping along, since the kids were having no luck on their own!
Luke got some great gifts, the majority of which were cars related, of course!
Playing with one of Luke's cool new car tracks.
My being very large and pregnant works out very nicely for Luke, because Jeff and I often spend our date nights doing projects like this, instead of the physically active dates we normally go on when I'm not weighed down by an enormous belly and pregnancy fatigue!










































No comments:
Post a Comment