Thursday, March 14, 2013

Walk Through Bethlehem and GE Football

December 1, 2012

Every year at the beginning of December, Greg and Renita's neighbor, Elaine's church puts on an AWESOME event called "Walk Through Bethlehem." We got to go this year, just like last year. And just like last year, Luke was sick. These pictures make me a little sad because our poor little Luke was recovering from the flu AND dealing with bronchitis and he was SO skinny as a result. But in typical sick Luke fashion, the sweet kid went throughout his day with a smile and without complaint.

Luke wanted to paint in the morning before it was time to head to Spring.


This kid does NOT like being messy.

And he found out he doesn't like the taste of paint either. (This is so not typical Luke behavior! He never eats inedible things. He hardly even did it as a baby! So I was pretty surprised to turn around and see a blue tongue!)

Luke hit the church playground right away while I waited in line to ride the camel.


I had to post a picture of how ridiculous I looked leaning forward on the camel to hold onto Luke! I had no idea!

Luke and baby Jesus were big fans of each other.



Candle making

Mosaics

"Wine" (grape juice)

The Market

Mashing up olives.

Bread and fishes
\
Dreidel game


Snow!



Luke was having a ball, until ...

...he got an accidental handful of ice to the face from this kid.

We decided it was a good time to make our exit and head to Greg and Renita's.

Greg and Renita kept Luke during his nap, while I went to watch Jeff play football with some guys from work. He got a special invite to play in a little tournament with a bunch of the manufacturing guys. I LOVE watching this super athletic husband of mine play sports! He did great! It was awesome to watch him outrun even the athletic looking guys and pull flags when it seemed impossible for him to catch them from all the way across the field! He's a stud!

Planes were flying SO close overhead from the nearby airport. This picture was taken without zoom.



Too slow!


Yep, he got this guy.

And then he was a good enough sport to bring him back his flag. Awww..




Touchdown pass celebration (Jeff was playing quarterback)



After the game, we met the family at Macaroni Grill for our monthly Saturday-before-Fast-Sunday dinner out.
This was even better than it looks! Delicious!

No comments: