December 7, 2012
That is a direct quote from this night out with Jeff. I felt a lot like Gob in many an episode of Arrested Development, when I realized I had decided of my own free will to waste date night on Jeff's sub-par work party. Jeff didn't even really want to go, but he said he would if I wanted to. *Sigh* I've made a huge mistake.
- Yay socializing and meeting Jeff's coworkers! ... Eh, half enjoyable, half awkward. Engineers, you know.
- Yay! Free dinner! And I bet it'll be fancy! ... Nope not fancy, and not really very good.
- Ooooh, look at all those fancy looking desserts! At least those will be delicious! ... Eh, they were okay. We didn't even finish them.
- Yay! Free drinks! Maybe we can get strawberry lemonades or Shirley temples or something! ... Well, we only got half the drink tickets we were supposed to, by accident, aaand they don't have ANY non-alcoholic beverages. ... Hey, look they're using sprite in some of the drinks! Maybe they'll give us each a can of that! ... Nope, just a tiny glass with tons of ice. That'll be gone in about 1.5 seconds.
- Hey, the MC may be really awkward and inappropriate, but at least he's giving away awesome prizes! Maybe we'll win one! ... Nope, we'll get painfully close, and someone else at our table will win, but not us. Sad day.
No comments:
Post a Comment