Friday, July 13, 2012

GE Family Party

May 12, 2012
 
If you weren't aware, Jeff has a great job at General Electric. And a few weeks back they had an awesome little party for the employees and their families. There were bounce houses and inflatable obstacle courses, carnival games, a very tasty lunch, balloon animals, popcorn, snow cones, and toys stamped with the GE logo. And all of it was free to us! It was fantastic! I didn't take many pictures because all I had at my disposal was Jeff's iPod, but here's what I did get ...

They let Luke get really close for the dunk tank, but I think he was still a little too nervous to give it his best shot, so the man being dunked remained dry.

Free stuff! Yes!

There was silly putty in this egg. I've always thought that stuff was so cool! But things like this make me appreciate how many risks my parents took allowing my siblings and I to have the funnest toys. I did NOT trust Luke with it! And with good reason, because as I recall, there was neon green silly putty permanently stuck in the pocket of my Brownies shirt for years! Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us have so much fun even though I'm sure it was totally inconvenient and messy!

This thing was really hard to blow up and the giant rubber band wasn't easy to attach to it either. But it was all worth it when Jeff and Luke each got a turn playing with it, bouncing and punching it repeatedly, while Luke laughed his head off ...until Luke popped it two minutes later.

Thanks for the fun party GE! And while I'm at it, thanks for giving my husband a great job and letting him have every other Friday off!

No comments: