Knowing that Jared would be fighting boredom during his long wheelchair-and-crutches-bound recovery, I decided to put together a little care package for him. It was lucky that we had spent so much time talking during my visit before the accident because he mentioned a lot of things that became great ideas for things to put in the package. Luke and I had so much fun going around collecting things we thought Jared would like!
Baby wipes and Easter grass packaging. Classy.
The contents, with a little gift for each of my wonderful parents included. I got a Sudoku book for my dad (he's a pro!) after this picture was taken and Jared's favorite part of the package - a blowgun - was shipped separately. The army men are for blowgun target practice. I made sure to send an extra package of the less dangerous dull plastic darts, so Jared could safely shoot them in the house. My mom so kindly offered to go around collecting them for him while he couldn't do it himself (she probably cursed me a little while she did so).
Luke was very helpful. He even tried to contribute some ideas for the package while we walked around target, putting a plastic helicopter that lit up and played "Bad Boys" from Cops right into the cart, dancing to the music. I decided to veto that one, but Luke was pulling for his uncle.
1 comment:
This was SO NICE of you Kira! (and I totally ate some of dad's candy too) :)
Post a Comment