This little boy is growing up so fast, we can hardly keep up! Jeff and I are amazed at how fast he learns new things.
Within a week after I posted all about Luke at 11 months, he had learned to wave, open our front door all by himself (yikes!), unscrew water bottle caps, and communicate with us so much better: He understands nodding his head for yes and shaking his head for no, he says "no," he said "num?" a few days ago when he wanted what I was eating (I ask him, "Are you hungry? Num Num?"), and he puts things in our laps and looks at us expectantly when he wants help (e.g. water bottles, food packages, closed containers, etc.).
Other new developments include a new obsession with putting things in other peoples mouths. He will shove it (cell phone, remote, camera lens cap, etc.) in and then sit back to admire his work. He is so pleased if it stays. Then, he pulls it back out and repeats the process, many times if he has a willing participant (check out a video here). Luke is also becoming quite the little hugger. He still doesn't like to snuggle for extended periods of time, but he gives lots of big squeezes these days. It is so sweet.
It's incredible how fast these little babies learn and grow and develop their little personalities. Luke is such a fun, smart, sweet boy and I'm so excited to keep watching him learn and develop in the months and years to come.
1 comment:
I'm addicted to those little hugs!
Post a Comment