A friend of mine did this challenge on Facebook. I thought it was a fun idea and Jeff was kind enough to humor me and answer all of the questions too (he had to spread the 30 questions out over a couple of days in order to make the experience bearable). So without further ado, The 30 Day Photo Challenge ....
JEFF
Day 1 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
- I served my mission in Guatemala.
- I speak Spanish fluently.
- I’m a hard worker and I can’t stand to sit around and do nothing. When I don’t have enough to do at work, I make things up.
- My fastest time doing the “300” workout was a little over 17 minutes. The actor from the movie that did it the fastest finished in 18 minutes 11 seconds.
- I walked on to the BYU football team as a cornerback in January after my mission. I participated in Spring training, but a serious ankle injury (sustained during my motorcycle accident in August) prevented me from starting the season with the team in September.
- I have already drawn up plans for our luxurious, fun, grandkid-friendly retirement home.
- I drink almost exclusively water
- I would prefer to never work another day in my life and just travel around on my yacht for the rest of my days, but if I have to work, my dream job would be flying helicopters, maybe for sightseeing tours.
- During my freshman year at BYU, I seriously considered getting cornrows, but my hair was too short. To this day, I believe I would have pulled it off.
- One day, when I have the money, I will buy myself a truck and I wouldn’t mind if there is a boat attached to it.
- I hate mustard, onions, and coconut.
- I come from a family of 4 boys (I’m second) and I’m hoping to have 4 sons.
- Except for his eyes, my son, Luke is practically a clone of me.
- I prefer home-cooked meals to eating out in restaurants and I’m not really into sweets; I could take them or leave them.
- I don’t see the point of pets, although my wife and son love them.

Kira. We have known each other for almost 4 years and yes we are very close.
Day 3 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
The Unit. Jeff loves this show because there is lots of action, and shooting, and cool, tough guys.
Day 4 - A picture of a habit you wish you didn't have.
Jeff wishes he didn't have a habit of putting other things before scriptures study on his list of priorities.
Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Our one year anniversary cruise to the Caribbean.
Day 6 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
A yacht captain
Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item.
My wife
Day 8 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Luke "Crazy Eyes" Fisher
Day 9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
God. This is Jeff's favorite hymn. He is grateful that he can always depend on his Heavenly Father for comfort and guidance.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with. (Pass - Jeff doesn't do a lot of messed up things)
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
In Jeff's words, "stupid people."
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
(Future?) Yacht
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist. (Pass - Jeff can't choose a favorite)
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Kira
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Own a yacht, a helicopter, and a private island.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Iron Man/Tony Stark because of all of his amazing inventions and because he "blows stuff up."
Day 17 - A picture of someone that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Luke
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Teaching Elders Quorum at church. Jeff is a pretty secure guy. It took him a while to come up with this one, but teaching gospel topics to all of those men, some very knowledgeable, has got to be a little intimidating.
Day 19 - A picture of when you were little.
Jeff is on the right. Isn't he adorable?
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Turtle Island
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Jeff's memory isn't great so if there was something he wished he could forget, he got his wish.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Flying helicopters. Jeff would love to learn how.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book. (Pass - "I don't read books so it's hard to have a favorite")
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
How much money I make. Jeff will need a lot more if he is ever going to afford that yacht!
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
We took Luke to the Aquaplex on Monday (the day I uploaded all of these pictures to the blog). Notice Jeff's super dark sunburn from our hike two days before.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
My family
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Jeff and his mom on our wedding day.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Drowning
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Success baby
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss. (Pass - Jeff says there are people he'd like to see, but he doesn't really miss anyone. He just goes with the flow)
KIRA
Day 1 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Me on Christmas Day 2010
- I’d much rather be too hot than too cold.
- I hate wind. It’s probably my least favorite type of weather.
- I am the Mia Maids adviser in our ward and I love it.
- I’m a little too obsessed with my weight, but if I wasn’t, I’d probably be a fatty so I choose obsessed.
- The beach is one of my very favorite places to be. I used to seriously envy the camp hosts at Carlsbad, who get to live there full-time (I still do, but I wouldn’t want to try and raise a family in a tent or RV on a campsite).
- I really love to read, but for some reason, I am always filling my free time with other things so I don’t do it as much as I’d like.
- I love to be outside, especially on warm sunny days. Hiking, biking, walking, running, swimming, sports, amusement parks, horseback riding, anything beach -related – most of my favorite activities take place outdoors.
- I have a serious sweet tooth that can be difficult to keep under control at times.
- I wish so much that I were a good singer.
- I’m such a people person. I’ve gotten a little shyer in the time I’ve been married, but I can’t stand to be alone. Being around other people energizes me. My husband is usually the opposite.
- I am so grateful to my husband for working so hard to support our family so that I can stay home with our children. And there are a million other reasons why I am grateful for that wonderful man. He’s understanding, thoughtful, fun, responsible, hilarious, sweet, brilliant and incredibly attractive. I can’t even begin to describe how lucky I feel that he is all mine and that he is the father of my child(ren).
- As much as I love sweets, I would often be willing to trade them for fresh bread. Clearly, I like carbs.
- I dream of owning a horse, even though realistically, I’m not sure I’ll ever have the time to properly care for one. Maybe when we’re retired. Jeff might need to add a stable and corral to his plans for our retirement home.
- I was so happy to get Bon Jovi concert tickets for my 18th birthday that I cried. The concert was amazing. I love Bon Jovi. And concerts.
- I am so grateful that I was born into the LDS church. I know the teachings of the church are true and I know that my life has been so much happier because of it. I want everyone I know and love to have the happiness and peace that I have had my whole life (and everyone I don't know for that matter).
Day 2 - A picture of someone you have been close with for a while.
Jackie Pinkowitz. We have been friends since I moved in across the street from her when we were in kindergarten. This is us on my wedding day.
Day 3 - A picture of the cast of your favorite show.
Friends
Day 4 - A picture of a habit you wish you didn't have.
Snacking. I snack when I'm bored, nervous, trying to avoid something, sad, etc. And cereal is my snack of choice because I can tell myself I'm only going to have a harmless few pieces. Unfortunately, that can quickly turn into a few handfuls.
Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Holding Luke for the first time. I think sitting alone with Jeff in the beautiful San Diego Temple waiting to be sealed for eternity might be a step above this memory, but they are both incredible memories and I don't have a picture of Jeff and I in the temple.
Day 6 - A picture of the person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
President Thomas S. Monson. I feel a little sacrilegious saying that I would like to trade places with President Monson because I have no business being the prophet, but I would love to know what it feels like to have that incredible relationship and closeness with God.
Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item.
My blog books. They are my most treasured material items. I love having all of our memories preserved in these beautiful and easily accessible books.
Day 8 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Hovercat. This seriously cracks me up.
Day 9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
My mom is always there for me. I know I can count on her for advice, encouragement, and support and I have many, many times in the past.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Shelley Witt. I'm not sure how you define "messed up," but I did some pretty ridiculous, silly, and FUN things with Shelley in high school.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
The sound of people chewing their food, especially smacking. This is 5 or 6 year old me doing just that. My grandpa, for some unknown reason, has always loved taking pictures of us while we are eating.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Horses (and the beach). Love, love, love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Bon Jovi
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Jeff
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
See all of my kids married in temple.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Hyrum Smith because of quotes like these ...
Brigham Young said that "Hyrum was as good a man as ever lived. . . . His integrity was of the highest order. . . . I used to think, and think now, that an angel dwelling in the presence of the Father and the Son possessed no more integrity in their hearts than did Hyrum Smith" (address given by Brigham Young, Salt Lake City Bowery, 8 Oct. 1866, LDS Church Archives, Salt Lake City).
John Taylor said that Hyrum was "a great and good man, and my soul was cemented to his. If ever there was an exemplary, honest, and virtuous man, an embodiment of all that is noble in the human form, Hyrum Smith was its representative" (History of the Church, 7:107).
"The Lord Himself, however, gave the greatest tribute to Hyrum when He said, 'Blessed is my servant Hyrum Smith; for I, the Lord, love him because of the integrity of his heart, and because he loveth that which is right before me, saith the Lord' (D&C 124:15)."
Day 17 - A picture of someone that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Luke
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
When I gain weight (here 10 lbs over my ideal weight), my upper thighs are the worst part.
Day 19 - A picture of when you were little.
I'm probably 2 here. Always getting dirty. I love my mom for letting me, even in my church clothes.
Day 20 - A picture of where you'd love to travel.
New Zealand. Beautiful and so much to see and do.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
When I was a kid, I went to a sleepover birthday party where they had rented this movie. Since I don't watch R-rated movies, I tried to just fall asleep on the couch so I wouldn't have to watch it, but I distinctly remember one awful scene involving a ton of Ex-lax, a trash can, and the line, "I'm bleeding." It makes me cringe so hard every time I remember it.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Soccer. I think it would be awesome to be a great athlete.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
The Harry Potter Series. These and the Hunger Games books are probably the only books I have read that I would read again.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
I would love to somehow miraculously live near both Jeff's and my family, near the beach, and in a place with perfect California-esque weather. California may or may not be the place for my family, but I really wish I could bring those elements to whatever place we do end up.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
At the Aquaplex on Monday, Luke took a few minutes to get used to all of the noise and activity. He was a little overwhelmed and scared at first. It was sad, but I did love the rare snuggles.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
My membership in the LDS church and my testimony of the gospel. This is a picture of 8-year-old me on my baptism day. My dad baptized me.
Day 27 - A picture of you and a family member.
Katrina and I in the matching pajama bottoms Mom bought us.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Losing a loved one (especially Jeff, leaving me a lonely, single mother, trying to figure out how to raise and provide for her kid(s) on her own).
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
This is me with some of my closest friends (Tygue, me, Shelley, Liz, Jackie) in high school at Corona Del Mar beach. We had SO much fun together.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.
I miss my cousin Brooke (and her cute family). We used to get together every so often while we were both living in Provo and I always loved our talks. Now I'm in Flagstaff and she is in Missouri (we moved at about the same time). It would be so nice to still have her close by. She is hilarious and fun and sweet.






































1 comment:
This is a great post! Geez! Buy Jeff that yacht already before he descends into a deep depression :) I love you guys!
Post a Comment