Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day yesterday. I did my best to keep the appartment clean, cook, and take care of Luke so that Jeff could relax. Per his request, I made 'breakfast cake' for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, and chicken cordon bleu for dinner. He deserved that and so much more. Jeff is an incredible dad (and husband). He is so kind and fun and he takes such good care of us. He makes both Luke and I so happy. We love him.

This was Jeff's breakfast set up.

 I made him a card.

Luke signed it.
I made a little gift box to look like a dress shirt and tie and filled it with chocolate covered raisins - Jeff's favorite. It came with a refill.

 
And did you notice the broken cupcake? I made this cupcake to look like Jeff (he being the '#1 DAD') and it was probably the thing I was most excited for Jeff to see when he got up in the morning. I had the apartment all clean and everything set up on the table except for the breakfast cake. Jeff was in our bedroom waiting for the okay to come out for breakfast. As I went to put the breakfast cake in the center of the table, it slipped and smashed the top of the 'Jeff' cupcake. I was so bummed! I wanted everything to be perfect and it was until the last second. It took me a few minutes to get over my disappointment, but after a while, the whole situation became pretty funny because the cupcake went from looking like Jeff to looking a lot like my papal (grandpa) with his little bald head and just a little hair on the sides.

 Fortunately, I took a couple of pictures right after I made the cupcakes, before 'Jeff' lost all of his hair.


Also, Luke took his first steps on Father's Day as a gift to his daddy. He has actually taken a few quick steps here and there over the past few weeks, but he was usually falling forward into our arms as he did so. The best he had done was 4 steps while almost standing straight up, but last night, he took 6 steps and we caught it on video!

And of course, I can't forget my own wonderful dad. We got to Skype with him and Luke was so excited to see his grandpa. We both love that guy! And we can't wait to see him tomorrow when we drive down to California for Luke's first birthday party!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Happy Father's Day Jeff! You are a wonderful dad, and we love you :) PS. Be sure to teach your children that it's okay to like someone from California.