Sunday, April 10, 2011

General Conference

General Conference. One of my favorite times of year. We got to listen to the loving counsel of our Prophet, apostles, and other church leaders last weekend. I don't even know how to express my gratitude for my membership in this church and for the strength, guidance, and peace it brings me every day of my life. And I am so grateful for those wonderful men at the head of the church who love, guide, uplift, and support us. I enjoyed every talk and just felt so good all weekend.

I found the perfect activity to do while we watched conference. I printed, cut out, and labeled flannel board story pictures and Jeff laminated them. There are 48 stories from the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Church history and each story has a full page of characters and objects to cut out and laminate. It took forever - long after conference was over (several of the pictures weren't labeled so I had to read through the assigned scriptures to figure out what the pictures were and label the back of each one), but it was the perfect mindless activity to do while I listened so I could still concentrate on what was being said. And I'm so excited to use them for Family Home Evenings in the future.

Cutting ...

... and cutting some more ...

Jeff used the great little laminator that Greg and Renita got me for Christmas to laminate all of the pictures. Such a great gift!

Luke was very well behaved during conference. Jeff did most of the entertaining while I cut away.

1 comment:

Brenda Danner Oswell said...

Kira! Thank you so much for sharing the link to the flannel board stories. I'm going to copy you and do the same thing! I have been looking for fhe stories and cut outs but most of them are REALLY expensive so this is great! Thanks for sharing again.