Today was a great day! I finally finished the flannel board stories I've been working on for future Family Home Evenings. And the weather was beautiful so Luke and I went on a long walk. We walked to a bakery that just opened nearby, where we bought a couple of cute cupcakes to take home and share with Jeff. Then, we stopped by a little thrift store called Hodge Podge, where we have gotten numerous awesome used books for 25 cents a piece. This time, we made a great find - a baby swing for only $3.99. We also picked up a little piano for just 75 cents. And when we got home, the five Dr. Seuss books and adorable tote bag I bought for Luke (for just $5.95) had come in the mail. Oh, and it's Friday. Hurray for the weekend! Tomorrow we're going hiking and biking all day - the best way to spend a Saturday. Can't wait!
This little project took longer than I expected, but it was worth it.
I made title pages for each section.
Each story looked something like this, with the lesson and accompanying laminated figures together in a sheet protector.
Luke with his 75 cent piano. It plays a few nursery rhymes too.
There was a little rattling sound in the piano, so of course, Jeff took it apart to take a look. Luke helped.
Luke in his swing. He LOVED it. We're still trying to figure out how and where we are going to hang it, but Daddy is a good substitute in the meantime.
Luke's books and cute tote bag
No comments:
Post a Comment