Tuesday, June 22, 2010

38 Weeks

I am 38 weeks as of yesterday and we are making some serious progress towards getting this baby here early! I had an appointment yesterday morning and the doctor gave us some good news. I was 3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. He estimated that the baby would be born at somewhere between 7.5 and 8 pounds and told us that there is about a 70% chance that he will be born this week! And as unpleasant as it may be to hear, some of you may be interested to know that I lost the yucky mucus plug this morning so things are really on their way! He should be here within the next couple of days!

I have been doing a whole lot of walking lately trying to get this little guy here ASAP! I've been going on long walks around the neighborhood by myself every morning and walking with Jeff every night. Last night Brooke came over and we walked for an hour and 45 minutes. It was so fun chatting with her while we speed-walked all around the neighborhood. I don't think there was a moment of silence! She's coming over again tonight. We're hoping this one will do it and we'll be in the hospital tonight or tomorrow. Cross your fingers!
Jeff just took this picture of me today

In other news, I am almost officially a college graduate! I finished my last final of Spring term on Thursday morning and I've done the first 2 of 14 lessons in my online class - my very last class at BYU. I was hoping to be a little farther along by now, but I have until July 22nd to complete the class, which won't be a problem.

On Tuesday, our good friends Steve and Lauren Tracy were in town with their adorable 2 1/2 month-old baby boy, Kole. They have been living in Hawaii for the past couple of years and we haven't seen them in all of that time. It was so great to catch up and meet their little boy. They are such a cute little family. We went out to a yummy lunch at Rumbi Island Grill with them and the Johnstons. And that night we all headed over to the Oswell's to watch the Lakers-Celtics game. With all of us going our separate ways, we're going to be sad to be so far away from all of our awesome friends. Jeff really hit the jackpot with roommates and they all married great girls. It's going to be hard to find friends to live up to them in Flagstaff and Phoenix.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH! ALMOST baby time! That's so exciting! :)

caitliem said...

Walking is good! With both girls, I walked the mall the day before I went into labor. Of course with Becca I labored for 3 days, but whatever :) I hope he's here soon and everything goes well!

Heidi said...

Woo-hoo! We are all waiting for the call. I love you! Mom

Amy F. P. said...

Any day! How exciting. I bet your relieved you finished school before the baby came.

Matt and Becca said...

When you're ready for more visitors, we'll be down to meet him! Good luck with everything...

Matt and Ness said...

ahhh! good luck! can't wait to meet him:)

Brenda said...

So exciting! Brooke is sore from the long walk last night!

Jared, Brynne, Emme and Oliver Higley said...

no baby yet?! Any news?!?!?