Well, it’s official. Jeff and I are headed to Flagstaff, Arizona in mid-August (the exact date is flexible and will depend on a few things). Jeff accepted a job offer with W.L. Gore. We are so excited! It feels great to know where we’re going and we are so glad Jeff got a job that he will really enjoy. This was his first choice for work and we are so grateful that it all worked out. We are hoping to end up in Phoenix eventually (Gore has a location there as well), but we plan to enjoy our time in beautiful Flagstaff in the meantime. Flagstaff is a great vacation spot full of activities that Jeff and I really enjoy, but we don’t plan on living there permanently. There is a ton of great hiking in the area, a ski resort, an awesome wild animal park and just a whole lot of nature, which we LOVE! The population is pretty tiny. Jeff and I both see ourselves living in a bigger city like Phoenix eventually and we would prefer not to live in the snow so hopefully we’ll make our way down there in a couple of years.
It's going to be a big change going from a traffic-y place like Provo to Flagstaff where there is almost zero traffic!
Jeff and I had a great experience going to the temple for confirmation that our choice to accept the job offer was right. When the session began, I was extremely uncomfortable. My back and neck ached and I was too hot. I knew we were going to be there for a couple of hours and this wasn’t a good start. I didn’t want to be distracted from feeling the Spirit or receiving an answer so I said a quick prayer asking that I would not be so uncomfortable that it would interfere with my ability to feel the Spirit and have a good experience. Before I even finished my short prayer, all of the discomfort completely faded away. It was such an awesome little experience to start out my time at the temple and bring the Spirit.
After the session, Jeff and I found a quiet place to sit and after a few minutes, both felt strongly that Flagstaff was the correct choice for our family. I was an amazing experience and it is so comforting to know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing and what will be best for our family.



5 comments:
Congrats!
We would love to live in Flagstaff... maybe we'll have to visit sometime :)
Congratulations! How exciting.
hey thats where we might live in the future!!!! i was actually researching it last night! we wanted to move a bit closer to california after we are both done with school but since california is pretty pricy we thought flagstaff would be a good choice! you'll ahve to let us know what you guys think of it!
Nice pictures. And hiking? I shall visit you :)
Well... we wish you were coming to Cali of course, but we are excited for you! Flagstaff looks like a really cute place! Congrats! :)
Post a Comment