Monday, June 14, 2010

Any Time Now

Today marks 37 weeks so this baby boy is technically full term and could come any time. And we're all hoping he shows his little face sooner rather than later. Just one essay and one exam stand between me and the end of Spring term. I will be finished with both by Wednesday morning. Jeff and I are ready for our little guy to arrive as soon as possible and we are making a conscious effort to move things along. I had a doctors appointment this morning and we were hoping to have made significant progress since my last appointment over a week ago. We were disappointed to learn that I am still only dilated between 1 and 2 centimeters. However, the baby's head is very, very low and the doctor said that any contractions will result in dilation due to the pressure from his head and I could go into labor tonight and everything would be in position and ready to go. So it appears that our boy is ready to make an appearance considering he has crammed himself way down low. Let's just hope my body cooperates and lets him out soon! We are just way too excited to wait much longer! This weekend we had our prenatal class, washed the crib bedding and an outfit for the baby to come home in, and put the car seat in the car so we are ready!

In a common scene as of late, Jeff and I sat on the couch this past Saturday afternoon considering our limited options for entertainment. Eventually, we decided it might be fun to rent a Redbox movie and decorate some sugar cookies to bring to our Sunday school class the next day. We headed off to Macey's and bought cookie dough, frosting, and a variety of candy for decorating and picked up Extraordinary Measures from the Redbox out front before heading home to create these little beauties...

Check out that belly!


Jeff added a little of every topping to the cookie he made for himself. I kept it simple and only frosted the one I ate.
These are the cookies I made. I had varying levels of success shaping my cookies (if you can't tell, that pink thing in the bottom left corner is a fish). Although I did use cookie cutters for the cat/tiger and the leaf that you can't tell is a leaf. The penguin is my favorite. And notice the teddy bear has his own little gummy teddy bear under his arm.
Here are Jeff's cookies. Notice he refused to use ANY pink frosting on his. The train is my favorite and the funny looking red fangs on the bat were added as a result of my poor judgment. Whoops!

The cookies were a hit in class the next morning. Luckily, the kids favored our cookies about equally so they were spared our ugly competitive sides! And we had plenty left over to hand out in the halls before sacrament meeting, adding to my popularity among the ward members.

And here are a couple of pictures of Jeff's gnarly bike injury from early last week. His chain slipped and the pedal popped up and did quite a number on his leg. These pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. They were taken after the blood had been cleaned off several times.

I almost made up a story about a bobcat attacking him on campus in the wee hours of the morning when he gets up there for work and all is quiet to see how many people would buy it. Wouldn't you have been tempted to believe it?!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the cookies (and the belly) my favorite is the bear because he has a bear under his arm. ha ha Jeff's poor leg! I totally would have believed the cougar/bobcat story.

chandra said...

I could totally tell what each of your cookies were! Great job! Jeffs leg does look bad! cant believe a petal could do that much damage.

Tiffany said...

I'm bummed that we weren't there to enjoy some of the leftover cookies! I also have to add that in my first pregnancy (with Peter), those last 3 weeks were agonizing! He came 1 day early - that was it. I didn't have a single stretch mark at 37 weeks but I got tons over the next 3 weeks. People kept telling me, "any day now" and it was so annoying! Luckily, my other children have all come at least a week early. I hope for your guys' sake that your little guy does come early!

Shelley said...

You look so cute, Kira! I'm so excited for you guys!

You must get your creative skills from your mother! What's Jeff's excuse? ;-) Love the cookies!

I would have probably believed the bobcat story! I did the same thing to my leg once but it wasn't as bad as what he got!

Hunter Family said...

Yay! I can't wait to meet the little guy. And congrats on Flagstaff. That sounds really nice.

The Lymans said...

K I'm a horrible friend and still have a present sitting on my table for you.. and you are about to pop any day. Ugh! I'm sorry for being so horrible! I promise it will get there, plus you aren't going in to labor till July 2, right?
(because then I can be birthday buddies with your little boy!)

Katie Lane said...

I hope he comes early! I was dialiated to a 4 for 3 weeks with Jack. You just never know. the dr. would say, "I won't see you next week, he'll come within the next few days." but every week I was back.
Good luck! We're so excited for you and can't wait to see him!