Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yet another AWESOME weekend

The weekend isn't even over yet and Jeff and I have already had SO much fun! It had a happy start when we found out that Jeff earned a $6,000 grant! Tuition paid for AND a grant?? This man is amazing! He is just raking in the dough! Maybe we'll be able to afford that boat he's been talking about after all! Well ... maybe in a few years. We were also excited to find out that he got a 4.0 spring semester! And he was taking a couple of really tough classes! There isn't anything that brilliant man of mine can't do!

On Friday, Jeff was excited to transfer the majority of our DVD's into the new cabinet he built. He's been waiting to do that for quite a while because he had to add a base to the cabinet that would stop the bottom from bowing, but now that it's done, it looks fantastic with all of the DVD's organized inside it! Like I said, nothing my man can't do!


Another exciting and monumental event took place on Friday. I FINALLY cut up those horrifyingly ugly and unflattering giant shorts I used to wear! On a recent bike ride, Jeff and I bought some new shorts for me that actually fit and look pretty cute so it was time for the old ones to go. I used to wear them because they were really comfortable and actually long enough to wear with garments, but whenever I saw pictures of them on me, I realized how bad they actually were! Jeff especially hated them. But now they're gone for good! Hooray!!

Jeff snapped this picture of me as I was flipping my hair back. I look like a mannequin!

Being on the activities committee in our ward, Jeff and I helped to plan the ward campout, which was to take place Friday to Saturday morning. We created and put up door notes at all of the ward members' houses and committed to help with the breakfast Saturday morning. We also told the activities committee chair couple that we were planning to stay over night, but as we headed up there on Friday evening, the weather was clearly not ideal for camping. It was cold and cloudy and looked like it might rain. Not many people showed up for the campfire and s'mores that night and the majority of them, including Jeff and I, decided to go home and come back in the morning rather than spend the night there and freeze! I was glad we went for the night though because we had fun chatting with and getting to know two other young couples in the ward a little better and now I have more friends to sit next to in Relief Society on Sunday! :)

When we came back in the morning, Jeff and I were the only two members of the 15 member activities committee to show up, but lucky for us, a nice family in the ward had volunteered their giant grill and services for the breakfast. They had also picked up the food from activities committee chair couple that morning and brought it up.
Jeff was put in charge of cooking the MASSIVE amount of eggs. Notice the giant bucket and skillet full on his left. And he had already cooked up quite a few by this point! He did a fantastic job!
You can't really see them in this picture, but I'm wearing my new and much cuter shorts.
The breakfast was delicious and very filling and Jeff and I had a good time throwing around a football for a while before we headed home. After almost two years together, he is still impressed by my incredible football skills :)
When we got home, we decided to go for a nice long bike ride to get some frozen yogurt. The weather was beautiful and I loved the carefree summer feeling! It reminded me of being a kid, riding my bike everywhere all summer. Jeff took this picture of me over his shoulder first try.
This was my first attempt at capturing a similar picture of Jeff.
Second attempt.
There he is! Third time's the charm!


We got some delicious oreo yogurt at Hogi Yogi before completing our 10+ mile bike ride. I love summer!
Mamal and Aunt Debbie are in town for little Natalie's baby blessing and they have been kind enough to let us come and swim in the hotel pool both Friday and Saturday after our long bike ride. We were having so much fun being outside riding our bikes that we rode them to the hotel and back too. In the pool, we played some water smashball and since the pool was only 5 feet deep at it's deepest, Jeff came up with the brilliant plan to walk around and around the pool about 15 times until we could let the current we created carry us. It was awesome!



For some reason, the pool wasn't heated so the cold took some getting used to, as you can see from Jeff''s face immediately after he jumped in.

This is the first bikini I've ever owned. Jeff insisted I get one for the summer. He's a corruptive influence :)

Here, the goofy look on my face is complimented by the cute tank top tan line on my chest. (from running)

My sexy man. That 300 workout is doing him good!

Still a little embarrassed in my teeny bikini

Jeff set the 10 second timer on the camera and then ran half way around the pool for this shot

I was forced to take down the picture of Jeff flexing. He says that one is for my eyes only, but as you can probably imagine, my bulging muscles come pretty close.

Jeff and I are excited to attend the baby blessing in an hour and see everybody at the luncheon afterwards. We'll finish up this fantastic weekend strong.

And we're leaving for California 2 weeks from today! YAY!! Life is good :)

5 comments:

The Hansons said...

wowzers! i think ive own a bikini for awhile but i didnt start wearing it till maybe a year or two after i bought it!

Heidi said...

You try to raise them right and then some beef cake guy comes along and leads them down the path of destruction :) ha ha I love you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Mom

Heidi said...

I forgot to comment on the infamous black basketball shorts (or the oompa loompa shorts, as Katrina calls them): Ding Dong the shorts are dead, the big black shorts, the ugly shorts, Ding Dong the big black shorts are dead!

Heidi said...

P.S. Your dad says, "What the Hell? Get some clothes on before somebody sees you!"

Allyson Faurot said...

lookin mighty fine kira! when you work as hard as you do for a great body you should be able to show it off!