Friday, May 29, 2009

9 Months!!

Jeff and I have been married for 9 months today!  I don't know what people are talking about when they say that the first year is the hardest cause so far it's been glorious!  Jeff is a wonderful husband and I couldn't be happier being married to him.  Apparently he's been working on a surprise for me that should be ready tomorrow and I'm really excited to find out what it is! :)

We finished the Dvd cabinet on Sunday.  The putty we used didn't stain very nicely so we had to put 3 coats on to cover up the blotchy spots and it took me about 4 Disney movies to finish all 3!  Later that day, Jeff put it all together and put the handles on and it looks pretty fantastic.  

On Memorial Day, Jeff and I took advantage of the holiday by going on a nice long hike.  We hiked up to the hot springs, but then just kept going and going and going.  We packed lunches and thanks to Jeff's parents, each had our own camel packs full of water.  After we passed the hot springs, we rarely ran into any other people on the little trail (except for one naked man and his dog walking way too close behind us.  Luckily Jeff saw him first and warned me before I turned around!) and it was nice to just be out enjoying nature and spending time together.  I've missed the nice weather and going on hikes with Jeff so we're definitely going to be going on a few more this summer. 
We discovered some really cool cascading waterfalls.  There were three right in a row.

A quick story... If you don't already know, kids LOVE Jeff.  I've witnesses proof of this several times while we've been together.  However, this past Sunday, it reached a ridiculous degree.  Jeff was sitting on the end of the pew in sacrament meeting when  a little girl who looked about three got up from a pew near the front of her chapel.  We didn't know this little girl; we'd never met her before.  Her dad was leading her up the aisle and she looked a little grumpy, but the moment she laid eyes on Jeff, her face completely lit up and she started waving excitedly.  Did I make it clear that he doesn't even know this little girl??  It was so cute to watch, but I was couldn't quite comprehend what had just happened.  There must be something very special about that husband of mine for little children to respond to him the way that they do.  He's going to be a great dad and I can't wait even if our kids like him better than me.  :)

UPDATE:  I came home after typing this much of this blog and was greeted with a fantastic surprise.  I walked in the door and saw this:

Jeff had left me a beautiful rose with a note and two romantic coupons.  In the note, he told me he had hid a small wooden puzzle in the room and that I needed to find it and put it together.  The puzzle was what he had been working on all week and keeping a secret from me.  He never ceases to amaze me with his skills.  He found a nice quote and a poem and laser etched them onto the puzzle.  What a pro.  It looks beautiful!  When he came home last night, he had a date planned for us called the "Bookstore Challenge"  We went to Borders and had to find things on a list a few at a time and then meet and share what we found and then go out for the next set.
  These included things like a book you enjoyed as a child, a book you think the other might enjoy, a picture or map of a place you'd like to visit, a recipe you'd like to try, a book with the words "happily ever after" in it, a funny joke, etc.  We had fun.  I love bookstores and looking
 through the children's books got me really excited to be a mom so I can read books to my kids and take them to the bookstore and let them pick out books.  As I've said a million times before, I have the most wonderful husband in the world and I couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

lauren elizabeth said...

Oh, that's so cute Kira!
How fun!

Brenda said...

The naked man story is hilarious! Thank goodness Jeff spotted him first!

Heidi said...

I love that you guys are able to get out and hike. It's so beautiful up that trail too :) I can relate to the naked man in the woods story. Sometimes it's like Deliverance when you get out there far enough!

chandra said...

............................................................................................................................................this is me speechless........Jeff is one awesome hubby!

jeanine said...

cute date idea! I think I'll have to steal that one!